By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MS:we have "5 million" lead over PS3 globally

SpartanFX said:
EvilAvatar said:

WTF?

"Think back to GDC 2007 when Sony promised to leap ahead in online with the Sony Home unveil. Here we are two years later "???

This guy dont have math skills.

that part he is trying to make sony look bad by saying they delayed it 2 years,,,,but sale number is where he will never make a mistake

Ok.

Lets make math.

Europe = 1M X360 (himself said) 

Media Create/Famitsu = 1,5M PS3.

So north america => X360 5,5 M only?

Predictions: 2008/2009

Wii 42-45 M / 71-75M

X360 24-26M / 38-40M
PS3 20-21 M / 30-34M

Around the Network
EvilAvatar said:
SpartanFX said:
EvilAvatar said:

WTF?

"Think back to GDC 2007 when Sony promised to leap ahead in online with the Sony Home unveil. Here we are two years later "???

This guy dont have math skills.

that part he is trying to make sony look bad by saying they delayed it 2 years,,,,but sale number is where he will never make a mistake

Ok.

Lets make math.

we have to wait for sony shipment figures taht shows the shipment untill end of march(or april ,i m not sure)

then it becomes more obvious(as source said)

and 5.5 mil more is more than double what PS3 has in NA as the article suggests

EvilAvatar said:

Ok.

Lets make math.

Based on what he said it is possible. All we know is according to NPD there is a greater than 100% difference between the two consoles. 5.5 million would be well within that range, but would be on the lower end of the spectrum since it is unlikely that it would hit 150% difference based on his wording.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

SpartanFX said:
EvilAvatar said:

Ok.

Lets make math.

we have to wait for sony shipment figures taht shows the shipment untill end of march(or april ,i m not sure)

then it becomes more obvious(as source said)

and 5.5 is more than double what PS3 has in NA as the article suggests

its end of march. MS' is at 19 mil so according to this Sony should be at 14mil (with a sell through of about 13.6)

NPD (United States)
X360 - 9,9
PS3 - 4,05
X360 ahead 5,85M

NPD Canada
X360 ahead +-0,5M

Europe/Others
X360 ahead 1,0M

Japan (Famitsu/Media Create)
PS3 ahead 1,5M

All
X360 ahead 5,85

Maybe X360 is a little overtracked at USA/Canada. But the numbers are near 6M not 5M.

Predictions: 2008/2009

Wii 42-45 M / 71-75M

X360 24-26M / 38-40M
PS3 20-21 M / 30-34M

Around the Network

"If Blu-ray as they said would be such a catalyst to PS3 console sales, then why have PS3 sales over the past couple months not seen any lift since the format victory?"

can you say bitter.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

the numbers don't check out with VGchartz. I'd like to assume that we're right but the fact that an Ms rep is using the lesser number casts some doubt on VGchartz.

PooperScooper said:

its end of march. MS' is at 19 mil so according to this Sony should be at 14mil (with a sell through of about 13.6)

That is too high for sell through for the PS3. I imagine it will be closer to 13 million. I imagine it would be a little under, but it is hard to say given addition sell through that won't be reported.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
PooperScooper said:

That is too high for sell through for the PS3. I imagine it will be closer to 13 million. I imagine it would be a little under, but it is hard to say given addition sell through that won't be reported.

Oh shit! sorry dude I meant 12.6

Was gonna say something but decided not to.