By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MS:we have "5 million" lead over PS3 globally

psrock said:
Kasz216 said:
psrock said:
"If Blu-ray as they said would be such a catalyst to PS3 console sales, then why have PS3 sales over the past couple months not seen any lift since the format victory?"

can you say bitter.

I can answer that... because standalone blu-ray players haven't seen any lift since the format victory.

http://www.npd.com/press/releases/press_080430.html

read, he said ps3 sales.

Yeah.  That's my point though.  The reason PS3's haven't been helped by the format victory (aside from the boost for a couple weeks) is that no blu-ray player has.  It's still overpriced.

Around the Network

Talk about poetic justice.

Kasz216 said:
SpartanFX said:
Let's not try to spin his words,,,,the final word is that (with having 1 million ahead in europe which might be a bit inflated since sony jusy announced they beat MS shipment in europe,,,,,,which mean MS might have sold 300K-400K more to customers and he rounded it up to 1 million)xbox 360 is only 5 million ahead globallynot 6.4 million,,,and this is the most optimistic number since it's comming from MS themselves.

Your the one spinning his words. Read what he actually said.

The 5 million number was from both companies. AKA Microsoft and Sony. Not Sellthrough.

I'll repeat the exact quote.

""Today Xbox 360 has a 5-million-unit console sales lead on a global basis based on most recently public reported data from both companies."

In otherwords shipped numbers.

Sony hasn't reported their figures yet though. it also talks about sell through to consumers dude.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&start=39026&end=39572&weekly=1

Odd.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Kasz216 said:
SpartanFX said:
Let's not try to spin his words,,,,the final word is that (with having 1 million ahead in europe which might be a bit inflated since sony jusy announced they beat MS shipment in europe,,,,,,which mean MS might have sold 300K-400K more to customers and he rounded it up to 1 million)xbox 360 is only 5 million ahead globallynot 6.4 million,,,and this is the most optimistic number since it's comming from MS themselves.

The 5 million number was from both companies. AKA Microsoft and Sony. Not Sellthrough.

""Today Xbox 360 has a 5-million-unit console sales lead on a global basis based on most recently public reported data from both companies."

I suggest you read the paragraph again instead of taking one sentence half way,,,,,sony ahsn't announced it's shipment yet,,,so what youare saying is wrong,,,

they are comparing sell through and they got sony's sell through from NPD,...and came up with the 5 million lead globally.

again final word:5 million lead sold to customers globally ,,,not 6.4 million lead

and 5 million is inflated as is by MS.you can be sure of that,,,just lookat how inflated his date are to make sony look bad in the interview

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
EvilAvatar said:
PS3 worldwide sales to retailers:

Playstation 3:

Q3-06 1.66m
Q4-06 1.91m
Q1-07 0.71m
Q2-07 1.31m
Q3-07 4.9m

Total:
10.49m sold ww to retailers up to 31Dec 07.

Forecasted Q4-07: 2.58m
Forecasted sales by the end of March 2008: 13.07m

====

So, probably, X360 19M and PS3 13M shipment by the end of March 2008.

I'll still take that 13.07. Still would mean 1.8mil consoles sitting on shelves. (aka undertracked 300-400k AKA 7.5mil - 6mil rather quickly)

That Would mean 1,65 M PS3 on shelves and 1 M X360 on shelves.

If we consider:

1)X360 had production problems at Q1 2008 or Q4 2007 (fiscal year) => less X360 on shelves.

2) PS3 is selling better at the moment so => more shipment => more PS3 sitting on shelves.

These numbers are reasonable.

Predictions: 2008/2009

Wii 42-45 M / 71-75M

X360 24-26M / 38-40M
PS3 20-21 M / 30-34M

EvilAvatar said:
PooperScooper said:
EvilAvatar said:
PS3 worldwide sales to retailers:

Playstation 3:

Q3-06 1.66m
Q4-06 1.91m
Q1-07 0.71m
Q2-07 1.31m
Q3-07 4.9m

Total:
10.49m sold ww to retailers up to 31Dec 07.

Forecasted Q4-07: 2.58m
Forecasted sales by the end of March 2008: 13.07m

====

So, probably, X360 19M and PS3 13M shipment by the end of March 2008.

I'll still take that 13.07. Still would mean 1.8mil consoles sitting on shelves. (aka undertracked 300-400k AKA 7.5mil - 6mil rather quickly)

That Would mean 1,65 M PS3 on shelves and 1 M X360 on shelves.

If we consider:

1)X360 had production problems at Q1 2008 or Q4 2007 (fiscal year) => less X360 on shelves.

2) PS3 is selling better at the moment so => more shipment => more PS3 sitting on shelves.

Those numbers are reasonable.

but this YOUR analysis based on you guess for sony's this quarter shipments

Microsoft however says they soold 5 million more globally to custoemrs and there is no denying inthat,,,,and 5 million is inflated,,you can be sure of that,,,,just look how he trys to put sony down with inflated dates

SpartanFX said:
Kasz216 said:
SpartanFX said:

I suggest you read the paragraph again instead of taking one sentence half way,,,,,sony ahsn't announced it's shipment yet,,,so what youare saying is wrong,,,

they are comparing sell through and they got sony's sell through from NPD,...and came up with the 5 million lead globally.

again final word:5 million lead sold to customers globally ,,,not 6.4 million lead

and 5 million is inflated as is by MS.you can be sure of that,,,just lookat how inflated his date are to make sony look bad in the interview

Ok. Then explain "both companies" in that sentence. Name the two companies that publicly reported data if you don't believe it to be Microsoft and Sony.

Rather then ignore words. 

SpartanFX said:

but this YOUR analysis based on you guess for sony's this quarter shipments

Microsoft however says they soold 5 million more globally to custoemrs and there is no denying inthat,,,,and 5 million is inflated,,you can be sure of that,,,,just look how he trys to put sony down with inflated dates

Those numbers are not my guess, they are Sony last fiscal reporter predictions.

Predictions: 2008/2009

Wii 42-45 M / 71-75M

X360 24-26M / 38-40M
PS3 20-21 M / 30-34M

Kasz216 said:
SpartanFX said:
Kasz216 said:
SpartanFX said:

Ok. Then explain "both companies" in that sentence. Name the two companies that publicly reported data if you don't believe it to be Microsoft and Sony.

Rather then ignore words. 

reported data from both companies by NPD,Chart track,,,,,,they are comparing sold to customers,,,It even says sell through twice in that paragraph ,,,which means sold to customers