By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MS:we have "5 million" lead over PS3 globally

5 million with a one year lead and PS3(s) higher price is not good. Plus without the big 2 out yet (FF13 and MGS4) and with Halo 3 already out. Sony will defnitely shrink that lead in no time.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Around the Network

so much for the lead holding on for 2 more years....more like this X-mas

jheco05 said:
5 million with a one year lead and PS3(s) higher price is not good. Plus without the big 2 out yet (FF13 and MGS4) and with Halo 3 already out. Sony will defnitely shrink that lead in no time.

Correction. Big five are: MGS 4, GT 5, FF 13, God of War 3 and Tekken 6.

^And Tekken 6 , remember, the japs love that.

PooperScooper said:
Kasz216 said:

So where does GFK fit in to this the third tracking firm mentioned? That's why it isn't NPD and Chart Track.

It's nonsensical to think he says "both" to refer to three companies.

Just admit it. You read wrong.

Here's the paragraph again. Split up again so you can understand it better.

Today Xbox 360 has a 5-million-unit console sales lead on a global basis based on most recently public reported data from both companies.

This includes more than double the installed base in the US according to actual NPD sell-through and over a 1-million-unit lead across Europe also based on reported sell-through from Chart Track and GfK.

It's clear as day the second part isn't related to the first part as he has to clarify that each of the following numbers are sellthrough, yet does not say the 5 million number is sell through and that he says both companies in the first sentence and the following sentences mention three companies.

you have an answer to everything... can you give me the answer to why it is talking about data sony hasnt released yet?

I think it is talking about the companies tracking Sony and MS not sony and MS data.

Well, it does say "most recently public reported data from both companies" which could mean that they're using data Sony released, say March, while they are using their own data released, say a couple days ago. But if it was like that, then the gap ought to be larger, so it doesn't quite make sense to me.

Around the Network

Obviously he made a mistake....

or didn't you know? 5 is the new 6!

Rock_on_2008 said:
jheco05 said:

Tekken 5 sold all of 2 million, as did God of War 2. God of War sold 3 million total, and even that doesn't put it in the same league as GT5 and FF13. MGS4 is close to it, but still higher caliber. Try facts rather than your personal preference when coming up with a list of "big" games to be released on a system.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

gebx said:
Ok, so he says they have a 1 million lead over the PS3 in Europe??

Sony: "We outsold the 360 in Europe"

Microsoft: "We have a 1 million lead over the PS3 in Europe"

Winner = Nintendo

guys I am gonna repeat my self: 

SpartanFX said:

guys we can argue till the end of the world but microsoft PR said 5 million lead in sold to customers globally and they

have much more resources for that figures than you and me and VGC put together,,,there is no hiding that.and don't

worry this 5 million is even as inflated as it  can be to make them look better

isn't the companies PR release statement as relaible/optimistic/inflated as it can be?so even the 5 million can be inflated since it's comming from MS PR.Trust me if it was 6.4 they would said we have a lead close to 7 million globally.

Gnizmo said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
jheco05 said:

Tekken 5 sold all of 2 million, as did God of War 2. God of War sold 3 million total, and even that doesn't put it in the same league as GT5 and FF13. MGS4 is close to it, but still higher caliber. Try facts rather than your personal preference when coming up with a list of "big" games to be released on a system.

All those 3 games are undertracked, Euro's numbers haven't moved in months.