By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MS:we have "5 million" lead over PS3 globally

SpartanFX said:
Kasz216 said:

Aslo considering the sites numbers

11.72 - 5.49 lead = 6.23 PS3s impossible because 5.49 > 6.23.(lool really?5 is larger than 6?)

So that would lead to overtracked 360s... not vice versa.

So this would mean the number of 360's in the US would have to be less then double 5.49.

So less then 10.98. So 360 would have to be overtracked by a million.

There is no way... unless I have another typo in which it can be a case of PS3 undertracking.

Therefore PS3 sellthrough numbers will basically tell us nothing.

lol i know typo probably

I blame it more on not having Insomnia.

still. It would mean that there weren't over double the number of 360's in the US then the PS3. Which would contradict what he says. Which would mean 360 was overtracked. Not the other way around.

Just realized the whole thing was a pointless math problem anyway since VGchartz numbers include Canada... while NPDs isn't though canada trends similar to the US so i think it works enough.

Either way. If it was sellthrough. They would of qualfied it in the first sentence... and felt no need to qualify it in the following two sentences individually.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
SpartanFX said:
Kasz216 said:
SpartanFX said:
Kasz216 said:

Because they don't have solid sellthrough data for the entire world. 

Therefore you have to go by shipments.

isn't that convenient,,,,they have the most reliable sell through figures,,,again they can't go by shipment casue SONY HASN"T ANNOUCE /EVEN HASN'T PREDICTED THIS QUARTER'S SHIPMENT FIGURES

SpartanFX said:
Kasz216 said:
SpartanFX said:
Kasz216 said:
SpartanFX said:
Kasz216 said:

isn't that convenient,,,,they have the most reliable sell through figures,,,again they can't go by shipment casue SONY HASN"T ANNOUCE /EVEN HASN'T PREDICTED THIS QUARTER'S SHIPMENT FIGURES

No, but they have announced their projected shipments.  Which is what one would use in place of those numbers should one want to make a comparison.

Kasz216 said:
SpartanFX said:
Kasz216 said:
SpartanFX said:
Kasz216 said:
SpartanFX said:
Kasz216 said:

No, but they have announced their projected shipments.  Which is what one would use in place of those numbers should one want to make a comparison.

oooo,,I see ,,,So they predicted the sony's shipment to hide  that they are 6.4 million ahead in sold to customers./sarcasm

article says they got the data from 3rd parties and if it was anything like 6.4 million they would announce that ,,,PR doesn't care if it's that accurate as long as it can increase/inflate the figure to make the comapny look better

@Kasz216

Remeber IF it's shipped then 360 sold should be less in sold to customers,,,casue 360 has lots of rrod cases which doesnot count in sold to customers and it is counted in shippment figures

Around the Network

Let's just wait until Sony reports their numbers... It wouldn't be the first time we gave PR too much importance. Mistakes can and do happen.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

come on guys, this is just a simple slip of the tongue issue.. instead of 7 million he let out 5 million..

So they will send the correction at the earliest i m sure... you know it can't be possible... Else Sony would have announced this a lot earlier...

So the difference is still around unassailable 7 million in favor of XBOX360

Noobie: Good for you!

well if its only 5 million ahead, then surely "the console of choice" will be catching that up quickly

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

O dear what a cluster f**k this thread has been. I've looked at the numbers for a long time and always thought that either the ps3 was undertracked or the 360 was overtracked, hopefully this will get changed but im not holding my breath.