By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "The big daddy of secret AAA shooters to be revealed next month"

My guesses

1) Resistance 2 or some other game already announced with "reveal" being vextra info.

2) There full of it, and it's just one of the many shooters coming out.  Like Haze.

3) Timesplitters.

When was the last time a magazine revealed anything?

Around the Network

1. This is a rumor so take everything with a grain of salt.

2.Next it says that it is AAA which could indicate that it is a proven franchise that is awesome, bioshock. Or that they are the first magazine to get some quality hands on time with killzone and are calling it AAA to build hype. Same could be said with the agency.

3.Could be a brand new IP.

My money is on killzone 2. If it is bioshock, well then im selling my 360.

Agian this is in the rumors section so we dont even know if its true.

Soriku said:
AAA and shooter should never be in the same sentence.

At least IMO. Shooters suck lol. Anyway, it's a rumor, we'll see if it happens or not. If true, what could it be?

Soriku, you play almost exclusively RPGs. JRPGs at that. Sometimes I wondr why you're even here if you only like one genre... On topic, it must be Bioshock. If it isn't, color me surprised.

"...big daddy of AAA shooters..." you say? Uh, yeah, definitely Bioshock. I owned it for the 360, and since I sold it, I'll own again for the PS3. Surfergirl can suck the fattest part of my ass for saying it's not happening!

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

Soriku said:

At least IMO. Shooters suck lol. Anyway, it's a rumor, we'll see if it happens or not. If true, what could it be?

Play Call of Duty 4, and then write a 1,000 word essay on why you were wrong

Anyway, while it is likely to be Bioshock, we are due some details on Timesplitters

Around the Network
Soriku said:

Hell. People and their opinons. I don't see people smacking RPGs for whenever a new Tales is annouced. Why did you even come to the thread to just say your distaste for the most popular genre this generation.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it a bad game. I hate Tom Clancy games, yet they are good at what their made to do and they have a huge fanbase.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Saying 'big daddy' in no way definitively means that it's Bioshock. Playstation fanboys were quick to point out that the 'memories' mention in that Nintendo Power issue did not mean it was Kingdom Hearts, and lo and behold they were right. So, anyone who said that back then but believes this game to be Bioshock is a hypocrite.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

It's not like "Big Daddy" is some obsucre term that's never used.

I think you guys are buying into the hype and setting yourself up for disapointment.

Seriously, when was the last time a magazine broke anything. Odds are this is going to be like the Nintendo Power Sonic RPG thing. Where they were showing a "Top Secret hush hush RPG!"

BIOSHOCK 2 :p

lol ok bioshock 1.5

meaning bioshock 1 but whit more stuff and better GRPHX

mgs4 will sell 2.4m week 1

japan:500k

others: 1m

NA:900k

AAA (90%+) games (metacritic):

nintendo:65

Xbox: 42

playstation: 98

outlawauron said:
Soriku said:

Hell. People and their opinons. I don't see people smacking RPGs for whenever a new Tales is annouced. Why did you even come to the thread to just say your distaste for the most popular genre this generation.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it a bad game. I hate Tom Clancy games, yet they are good at what their made to do and they have a huge fanbase.

I don't know.  After GTA4 sales... i'd say Sandbox style games rule again.  Still FPS are a good second.

Maybe Third.... but Madden sales tanked so i doubt it.