By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "The big daddy of secret AAA shooters to be revealed next month"

I don't like playing shooters on the consoles, I've always preferred them on my PC. And seeing how I've finished Bioshock on my PC, this isn't great news if it is. Maybe the game is called AAA?

Around the Network

"Big Daddy" was the give away. Bioshock it is.

it has really become hard to get exited about a shooter these days, now if this was action adventure game i would be intrested

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Big Daay does imply Bioshock... but I thought MS tied up the rights. Duke Nukem (ignorning the AAA bit and the fact its not exclusive)?

Oh hell I'm getting tired of these 'rumours'... although I'd love to play a lovely HD sequel to Beyond Good and Evil.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

as far as I know the infamous "AAA" ranking originally is a ranking(the best ranking) how creditworthy a person or a company is - and describes how much loan they could get from banks

in the games industry it describes how much of a financial effort is made to develop and promote a game, so it usually stands for high quality productions, which are expected to sell loads of copies, but it is not a term for how good reviews of a game are (that's how fans (miss-?)use it nowadays though)

for example Wii Fit clearly is an AAA production, although it might not get the best reviews everywhere, but it has very high production values and it's promoted very aggressively

Around the Network

does the PS3 need it ??

crysis for console PS360
resistance 2 ps3
farcry2 PS360
haze PS3

Time to Work !

@ libellule )

maybe the PS3 doesn't need the game, but maybe Take2 needs the cash-in a port could bring them and wants to make sure with that move, that the 2nd part (which surely would come to PS3, if the first one does) of the game is a big seller on the playstation plattform aswell

bioshock, it will sell 500,000 lifetime sales

I find the context confusing. The heading says rumor, and then talks of someone unveiling a game. So which is it are they unveiling a game or unveiling a rumor of a game. Which could just as easily be fabrication, or full blown conjecture. Which most magazines do now. They rarely report legitimate rumors, and instead make educated guesses. Further more these rumor reports are intentionally so vague as to be interpreted anyway you like. They do this so they cannot get called on their bullshit.

if its true, its definately bioshock.

"big daddy" of shooters, theres no other thought of what it could be.