By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is there a chance that the Gamecube can beat the Xbox in terms of sales?

RolStoppable said:

I am a big Nintendo fan and I would say it really doesn't matter that much that the Xbox sold roughly 3 million units more than the Gamecube. The GC got a good number of great games in its lifespan and I enjoyed them, while the Xbox had next to nothing in games that interested me.

There's no chance that the GC could have beaten the Xbox with its slightly longer lifespan, sorry alex.

On a sidenote: Nice avatar alex, I like Sonic the hedgehog. Will you dedicate a thread to Sonic games soon? 

Dedicate a thread to Sonic the Hedgehog? Maybe I will... Maybe... I... Will...

Around the Network
a.l.e.x59 said:
DarkD said:
I can confirm that you are insane. Yes the GC is still selling, but only by about 2000 units a week. at best.

That's it? 2,000 a month? Must be a little more than that. They are only $99 for crying out loud. You would have thought that the Wii hype might have gave the Gamecube a little boost in sales, since it brought Nintendo's name back up. Nintendo has always been cheaper than Sony, so I still find it hard to believe than the Playstation, and Playstation 2, far outsold the Nintendo 64, and Nintendo Gamecube.

How did Xbox beat the Gamecube? How?

Sure, the GC is only $99, but the Wii plays Gamecube games, is only $249, and is THE NEW HOTNESS that everyone is talking about.  People are going to hold out for a Wii (if they can't find one) rather than spending $99 on a system that will become obsolete as soon as Wii supply catches demand.

a.l.e.x59 you quite the intresting thread starter...you've gotten my PM's b4 you know where im coming from ..lol

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Yeah... But as it stands, the Dreamcast, Gamecube, and Xbox, all failed pretty badly. Especially when compared to the Playstation 2. The Playstation 2 sold more than twice as much as the Dreamcast, Gamecube, and Xbox combined. That's embarassing. Even if the Playstation 2 sold once as much as the Dreamcast, Gamecube, and Xbox combined, that would still be embarassing. Even if the Playstation 2 sold just a little bit more than the Dreamcast, Gamecube, and Xbox, that would still be embarassing.

Yeah... But as it stands, the Dreamcast, Gamecube, and Xbox, all failed pretty badly. Especially when compared to the Playstation 2. The Playstation 2 sold more than twice as much as the Dreamcast, Gamecube, and Xbox combined. That's embarassing. Even if the Playstation 2 sold once as much as the Dreamcast, Gamecube, and Xbox combined, that would still be embarassing. Even if the Playstation 2 sold just a little bit more than the Dreamcast, Gamecube, and Xbox, that would still be embarassing.

Around the Network

They didn't fail that badly...last time I checked, selling over 20 million consoles is good.  It's just that the PS2 did amazingingly well.  It's not embarrassing.  And what does that have to do with this thread?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

what does any of this dudes 1,000,000 threads have to do with anything?!@?!?@

LOL

MynameisGARY

BenKenobi88 said:
They didn't fail that badly...last time I checked, selling over 20 million consoles is good.  It's just that the PS2 did amazingingly well.  It's not embarrassing.  And what does that have to do with this thread?

Well, compared to the Playstation 2, they didn't do too well at all.

And look here:

http://www.nbrid.net/node/91

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/78435/why_the_xbox_failed.html&

http://www.maunderlust.com/why-the-gamecube-failed/

All these websites agree with me. I guess selling around 20 million consoles is not considered good. Some people even consider the PSP to be a failure:

http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/10/01/developers-say-psp-has-already-failed/

I guess 30 million or more is considered to be good.

weezy said:

what does any of this dudes 1,000,000 threads have to do with anything?!@?!?@

LOL

You complimented some of my threads.

when i say, "stop with the lame threads" "these threads make me want to vomit" "dude if i was a mod i would ban you or make you cut down to 20 new threads a day instead of 1239712980157 of them" those arent compliments, or any form of adulation.

MynameisGARY