By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is there a chance that the Gamecube can beat the Xbox in terms of sales?

Before the Xbox was discontinued more than a year ago, it outsold the Gamecube by only a few million. Ever since, the Gamecube has still been selling. By now, the Gamecube must have outsold the Xbox. Can anyone confirm this?

Around the Network

hmm well you could check the charts of the videogame you are on

Haven't you already made a post on this topic? GC sells less than 5,000 a month these days, and it's been discontinued as well now as far as I know. Even with clearing out current stock, Nintendo has still sold to retailers 2-3 million less GC's than MS did Xbox's, so it really can never catch up.

No I have not.

Edit, DK asnwered it for me so I am just gonna edit my post out.

Around the Network

Oh well, at least the Sega Genesis sold more units than the Xbox, and Xbox 360.

DarkD said:
I can confirm that you are insane. Yes the GC is still selling, but only by about 2000 units a week. at best.

That's it? 2,000 a month? Must be a little more than that. They are only $99 for crying out loud. You would have thought that the Wii hype might have gave the Gamecube a little boost in sales, since it brought Nintendo's name back up. Nintendo has always been cheaper than Sony, so I still find it hard to believe than the Playstation, and Playstation 2, far outsold the Nintendo 64, and Nintendo Gamecube.

How did Xbox beat the Gamecube? How?

DarkD said:
Edit, DK asnwered it for me so I am just gonna edit my post out.

Too late now, I quoted the post you edited.

These are shipments as of March 2007.

NintendoMar-20070.00 / 4.020.37 / 12.810.01 / 4.760.38 / 21.59
MicrosoftMar-20070.00 / 0.530.08 / 16.420.03 / 7.810.11 / 24.76

There is no way GC can outsell Xbox. They both have been discontinued.

So the brand new Gamecubes that I have been seeing in stores are just over stock?