Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft's Rumored 'Wii-mote' No Threat to Nintendo, says Iwata

Stever89 said:
Griffin said:
If Microsoft wanted to kill Nintendo it would happen, Microsoft just has too much money. Nintendo should feel lucky that Microsoft does not care too much about the game industry.

You sound like a politician. The simple answer to everything in life: throw money at it, and pray for the best.

That's working really well in Iraq right now.

@OP

I doubt this will have any effect what-so-ever. 

2007 called: it wants its meme back.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
BCNR34 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
disolitude said:

So what happens when microsoft adapts their strengths to the wii mote-like controller?

When you try to connect the xmote your TV screen turns blue.

zing

Sure, its a zing if this were still 1999 and we were using windows millenium edition.

I wish it were a problem that went away ten years ago, but it's not.

My brother-in-law has owned his Vista-only Toshiba laptop for less than a month. He's had one BSoD, two inexplicable black screens and a total shutdown due to overheating. 

@ exindguy

Is Iraq ancient history now? That's a relief. I thought people were still dying there. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:

My brother-in-law has owned his Vista-only Toshiba laptop for less than a month. He's had one BSoD, two inexplicable black screens and a total shutdown due to overheating.

@ exindguy

Is Iraq ancient history now? That's a relief. I thought people were still dying there.

Most likely that problem is due to drivers, as I've ran Vista on 3 different computers and it hasn't crashed a single time.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Most Vista BSOD's have come from upgraded computers, not those from OEM's.

Still, the BSOD is a problem today as much as it were in 1999.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Sony already has his wiimote, the SIXAXIS, and it has failed! I think that the xmote has been created for the 360's owners, but MS won't make new customers with that! This reminds me viva pinata in a certain way, this soft was made for young people, but it was a failure.

A great thing would be a kinda glove, fully sensored, like the one in minority report!

They have to find new things, not to copy!

Around the Network

Microsoft blows at everything they do. They aren't even good at copying things (zune?). 360 is nothing compared to ps3, and wii is just funner than it, and i also use MACs.

NJ5 said:
famousringo said:

@ exindguy

Most likely that problem is due to drivers, as I've ran Vista on 3 different computers and it hasn't crashed a single time.

I've run Vista on two different computers (laptop and desktop) and have gotten BSoD on both, multiple times. It is very likely driver, but that's no excuse as the mac folks will tell you. Now WinXP, i've run it on my main computer for over 6 years and I've never had a BSoD, not even once.

@Topic, If I was in Nintendo's shoes I wouldn't be too worried either. It's not a threat to Nintendo. But it might help out MS and I'm not knocking it. In the next gen a "pointer" and motion sensing is going to be standard. If MS plans on sticking around might as well work the tech out early. 

exindguy said:
Stever89 said:
Griffin said:
If Microsoft wanted to kill Nintendo it would happen, Microsoft just has too much money. Nintendo should feel lucky that Microsoft does not care too much about the game industry.

You sound like a politician. The simple answer to everything in life: throw money at it, and pray for the best.

That's working really well in Iraq right now.

@OP

I doubt this will have any effect what-so-ever.

2007 called: it wants its meme back.

Since when was that a meme?

Memes are things like Rickrolls and Pedobear, the fact that America is throwing money at Iraq is a fact o.O 

Rath said:

Since when was that a meme?

Memes are things like Rickrolls and Pedobear, the fact that America is throwing money at Iraq is a fact o.O 

Erm... Pedobear?  Do I even want to know?

The Ghost of RubangB said:
The attach rate for the Wii remote is 100%.

The attach rate for MicroSoft's shameless ripoff will be less than that.

It's not a threat, but it's a huge compliment and tells the industry "Nintendo was right all along and we're jealous."

Technically, wouldn't it be more than 100%?

I don't think an x-mote would do anything for Microsoft if they released it during this gen, except cause negative PR and a waste of time/money by microsoft, developers and consumers. If they decided to release it next-gen...........then I can see it helping them.