By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA IV smashes UK day one sales record: 609k (360: 335k PS3 274k)

Think over the next couple weeks the more interesting numbers will happen. I assume most of the initial days sales were for existing console owners. Over the next couple of weeks we will see who is purchasing the title along with hardware.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network

Where are the guys who thought Asda reporting PS3 3 to 1 compared to 360 in the UK was substantial evidence? Damage control now will be based on userbase as always.

I thought both versions will be roughly equal in UK sales as the PlayStation brand is still big here.

with less instal base ps3 version is the winner in my opinin its just first day i want to see first week now

playnext3 said:
with less instal base ps3 version is the winner in my opinin its just first day i want to see first week now

360 clearly wins in total numbers and PS3 clearly wins in attach ratio. If you ask me, Rockstar are the only true winners here.

EaglesEye379 said:
Where are the guys who thought Asda reporting PS3 3 to 1 compared to 360 in the UK was substantial evidence? Damage control now will be based on userbase as always.

I thought both versions will be roughly equal in UK sales as the PlayStation brand is still big here.

Well, they can't sell what they don't have, GTA seems like it pretty much sold out in UK. We'll have a better idea of the ratio after the first week as long as Take 2 can restock sufficiently.

Around the Network

GTAIV was bundled in with PS3!
I expected more from PS3. I'm sure they will have better legs.

More than a 1 in 4 attach rate day one? lol

Coca-Cola said:
GTAIV was bundled in with PS3!
I expected more from PS3. I'm sure they will have better legs.

how much were you expecting?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
darthdevidem01 said:

@munkeh111

how is the game then...did it stop you from revising..the info on the game itself is stopping me from getting on with the revision. God Knows what the game would've done

Amazing, there are just some moments that are simply stunning, like I was driving back to the safehouse and just caught a glimpse of the tops of the Algonquin skyscrapers in the background highlighted by the sun, it is amazing looking at them across the river (but annoying that I can't be there) and just every addition to the game is amazing.

I took yesterday afternoon off work, but I will work again today, and just squeeze a little bit in before I go to bed. I am trying to make up for GTA time by doing extra work at school

@munkeh111

cool....June 12 seems VERY far away right now..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey