By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA IV smashes UK day one sales record: 609k (360: 335k PS3 274k)

starcraft said:
The_God_of_War said:
I wonder if this includes the PS3 bundle? It makes sense for the 360 to edge out the PS3 version- in the UK there's roughly 2 million 360's and 1.2 million PS3's.
I see no reason why it wouldn't include the bundle.

Yeah, I guess. Now I really want to see how much hardware has been sold- PS3 numbers will be absolutely monstrous and the 360 will get a decent boost. I'm thinking the PS3 will beat the Wii this week (in Europe at least) and even the 360 may have a chance.

Around the Network

what will break this record???

GT5?GTA V?FF13? Wii Fit 2?? Nintendogs 2??

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@BKK: Was Halo 3 also released on Tuesday or on Friday as most titles?

Numbers are really amazing. I could see it doing close to 4m first week in Europe and NA sales may be even bigger (X360 has significantly bigger userbase there). Now 8 million first week seems possible if they can keep with supply.

darthdevidem01 said:
what will break this record???

GT5?GTA V?FF13? Wii Fit 2?? Nintendogs 2??

The next GTA game, top of UK first week sales records is dominated by GTA.

kamil said:
@BKK: Was Halo 3 also released on Tuesday or on Friday as most titles?

Numbers are really amazing. I could see it doing close to 4m first week in Europe and NA sales may be even bigger (X360 has significantly bigger userbase there). Now 8 million first week seems possible if they can keep with supply.

Wednesday, so GTA IV has an extra days advantage, plus bank holiday weekend (although Chart-Track week ends Saturday).

Around the Network

@BKK

@kamil
UK is probably GTA's biggest country per capita, so you can't really directly extrapolate it across the whole of Europe.

I actually expect them to be a little lower than numbers I gave I just wanted to give an idea what numbers can be expected.

Impressive, looks like a 2-3 million first week in Europe.

And considering America buys things sooner in general (though for GTA I don't think it will be to the extent of other games, as GTA is incredibly popular here) probably 3-4 million first week over there, add in 100k or so for Japan and the first week could be over 7 million.

Also I thought an about 1:1 ratio for Europe would be about right (360:PS3) though I thought the 360 might edge it out, but if the UK is as close as this then PS3 is sure to win 1st week (and thus all subsequent weeks in Europe)

America I think it will be almost 2:1 in 360sfavour for the first week though.

@BKK2

ok...right

This will only ever be beaten if the next GTA comes out this generation

@munkeh111

how is the game then...did it stop you from revising..the info on the game itself is stopping me from getting on with the revision. God Knows what the game would've done