By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA IV smashes UK day one sales record: 609k (360: 335k PS3 274k)

I wonder if this includes the PS3 bundle? It makes sense for the 360 to edge out the PS3 version- in the UK there's roughly 2 million 360's and 1.2 million PS3's.

Around the Network

Great features for GTAIV but i was waiting biggest boost for the XBOX360 version of the game...

great for both console

Amazing start!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The_God_of_War said:
I wonder if this includes the PS3 bundle? It makes sense for the 360 to edge out the PS3 version- in the UK there's roughly 2 million 360's and 1.2 million PS3's.
I see no reason why it wouldn't include the bundle.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

PS3 UK userbase is equal to 22.9% of PS3 Others userbase.
X360 UK userbase is equal to 35.0% of X360 Others userbase (vgchartz numbers).
Thus we can calculate expected first day sales for Others to be around:

1.196 mln for PS3 version,

957k for X360 version.

We're looking at over 1m week one easily. GTA I has 3 more days this week than most releases, and it's a bank holiday weekend too. For comparison, Halo 3 which sold 266k first day went on to sell around 465k first week.

NJ5 said:
Evidently the 360 is dead in Europe.

It is in mainland Europe ;P

@kamil

UK is probably GTA's biggest country per capita, so you can't really directly extrapolate it across the whole of Europe.

360 + PS3 HW sales should be way up this week.

You have to remember to that there are quite a few places sold out of gta so you cant read to much into first day numbers to try and work out the rest of the week. Amazing numbers all round.