By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - KillZone 2 "officially" delayed to 2009

People still care about this garbage game?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network
ultraslick said:
starcraft said:
Skeeuk said:
krik said:

My expectations for the game just doubled. I was loosing interest but now that it's coming out in 2009 I'm excited again.

same here my friend. i expect this to be huge now

along with god of war 3, final fantasy 13, final fantasy versus, gran turismo 5 and now killzone all set for 2009 make 2009 another tiptop year for gaming on the playstation 3.

killzone 2 will be a huge game!

So are we officially giving up on PS3 domination in 2008 now? Man, I thought we'd at least make it too October before Sony fans broke.

I think the "08 domination" has effectively hit. I always said 2008 would be sony's year, but I never thought it would beat the wii.

But look at the turnaround in one year. It went from getting crushed sales wise to beating the 360 by a wide margin month after month.

We are in the midst of the 08 Sony Domination in my eyes.

Lol, if 25%ish of global weekly sales is Sony domination, then yes, it is here.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Riot Of The Blood said:
People still care about this garbage game?

does anyone still care about this garbage comment?

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

starcraft said:

Of course, everything I said is dependant on this rumour being true, and even then is only my opinion.

Microsoft will never beat Sony in the EU this generation, but that is not their goal.  Their goal is to stay within reach of Sony, and be competitively placed for the next generation.  The last MGS only sold 2 million in the EU on a FAR larger userbase.  This game alone will not save Sony in Europe, or give it an unassailable second place.

As for the USA?  MGS sells even less there.  And it is silly to believe Sony beating MS in America is a forgone conclusion.  

That might be their current goal given their current sales position. However it's ridiculous to believe that Microsoft actually set out at the start of this gen to come last in hardware sales.

Like any business (especially a company like Microsoft) they set out to win. They have failed miserably to do so, but they can point to a few things they have managed to achieve in this gen, better brand recognition, stronger WW sales etc.

360 fans seem to use this notion as an excuse for faltering 360 sales "Oh microsoft never wanted to win, they're just doing exactly what they planned by coming in third" or "it's all about next gen".

Dallinor said:
starcraft said:

Of course, everything I said is dependant on this rumour being true, and even then is only my opinion.

Microsoft will never beat Sony in the EU this generation, but that is not their goal. Their goal is to stay within reach of Sony, and be competitively placed for the next generation. The last MGS only sold 2 million in the EU on a FAR larger userbase. This game alone will not save Sony in Europe, or give it an unassailable second place.

As for the USA? MGS sells even less there. And it is silly to believe Sony beating MS in America is a forgone conclusion.

That might be their current goal given their current sales position. However it's ridiculous to believe that Microsoft actually set out at the start of this gen to come last in hardware sales.

Like any business (especially a company like Microsoft) they set out to win. They have failed miserably to do so, but they can point to a few things they have managed to achieve in this gen, better brand recognition, stronger WW sales etc.

360 fans seem to use this notion as an excuse for faltering 360 sales "Oh microsoft never wanted to win, they're just doing exactly what they planned by coming in third" or "it's all about next gen".

I didn't say it was their goal at the beginning of the generation did I?

Certainly it is unlikely Microsoft said to themselves "I hope we come second in Europe," at the beginning of the cycle.  But there is a difference between a lofty aim and a realistic goal.  I suspect they thought they'd do better than they are, but they wouldn't reasonably believed they'd win Europe this generation.

Nonetheless, I said it was their goal to stay close to Sony to be in a strong postion next generation NOW, not then.  In fact, it was about six months ago that they came out and said "Europe is a big battleground we are going to push in," apparently after they realized that both they and Sony were going to be schooled in Japan. 

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
I don't think it is not being released in 08 because of MGS4 and R2 being released in 08. Because in 09 you have FFXIII, GT5, GoW3.

Yeah ... I was actually expecting this . Ressisstance just became IMO a bigger IP than Killzone . To bad , Killzone and Liberation had so much potential :?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

@starcraft

I just don't know how can you make fun of KZ2 when you praise too human(from sillicon knights)which has been in development since 1999.

and you say you are not MS fanboy.heh,,,PELLLLEZZZZ lol

SpartanFX said:
@starcraft

I just don't know how can you make fun of KZ2 when you praise too human(from sillicon knights)which has been in development since 1999.

and you say you are not MS fanboy.heh,,,PELLLLEZZZZ lol

Ahh, I can make fun of Killzone 2 because the original was horrible and the development of it's sequel has been a shambles.

As for Too Human, I anticipate that it will be a good game, much as you anticipate Resistance 2 will be. Nonetheless, I fully concede that until the broad gaming press get their hands on it, it could prove to be absolutely shit

Killzone 2 was never going to be released in the first place, it was just to build up hype.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

ZOMG!!! PS3 game delayed!!! Shut up!

Like we didn't see this coming....

*sigh*

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?