By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - KillZone 2 "officially" delayed to 2009

krik said:
Reasonable said:
I gotta love the amount of conclusions being drawn from an unconfirmed rumour... just imagine you applied your reasoning to actual facts! The things you could achieve...

Except it's not a rumor. It was confirmed by a Guerilla employee. Anyway, you will soon now when next week during Sony Gamers Day they talk about the games coming out this year. You will notice the absence of KillZone 2 from that event.

Sin is a GG employee?  I wasn't aware of this.  And he said, "I hope I'm wrong," just a few posts later.  That doesn't sound like a guy right at the source.

Around the Network
Million said:
starcraft said:
Somehow I doubt this was delayed because of Resistance 2. Microsoft launched a bevy of first party titles late last year. I think it is because Killzone 2's development has fallen behind.

I think it might be for KZ2 development time but then wasn't KZ2 due to release last year ? I think it wouldn't be right to associate the problem with a cause just yet , espeicaly without any inside info .

With as many delays as it had already had (wasn't it supposed to be a 2006 game?) I wouldn't be surprised if it was another delay.  In the minds of the producers the sooner they can get that game out the door and stop bleeding money the better.

makingmusic476 said:
krik said:
Reasonable said:
I gotta love the amount of conclusions being drawn from an unconfirmed rumour... just imagine you applied your reasoning to actual facts! The things you could achieve...

Except it's not a rumor. It was confirmed by a Guerilla employee. Anyway, you will soon now when next week during Sony Gamers Day they talk about the games coming out this year. You will notice the absence of KillZone 2 from that event.

Sin is a GG employee? I wasn't aware of this. And he said, "I hope I'm wrong," just a few posts later. That doesn't sound like a guy right at the source.

Yeah, if an employee actually had posted that they would have already been fired by now.

twesterm said:
Million said:
starcraft said:
Somehow I doubt this was delayed because of Resistance 2. Microsoft launched a bevy of first party titles late last year. I think it is because Killzone 2's development has fallen behind.

I think it might be for KZ2 development time but then wasn't KZ2 due to release last year ? I think it wouldn't be right to associate the problem with a cause just yet , espeicaly without any inside info .

With as many delays as it had already had (wasn't it supposed to be a 2006 game?) I wouldn't be surprised if it was another delay. In the minds of the producers the sooner they can get that game out the door and stop bleeding money the better.

I love when people pull numbers out of their asses. The ONLY date ever announced by GG or Sony was 2008, and the number first surfaced at Lepzeig. Any other dates were just rumors and speculation thrown about by journalists.

Edit: Sorry if I come off a little annoyed.  The Wardevil delay combined with this rumor have me a bit down. :( 

makingmusic476 said:
twesterm said:
Million said:
starcraft said:

With as many delays as it had already had (wasn't it supposed to be a 2006 game?) I wouldn't be surprised if it was another delay. In the minds of the producers the sooner they can get that game out the door and stop bleeding money the better.

I love when people pull numbers out of their asses. The ONLY date ever announced by GG or Sony was 2008, and the number first surfaced at Lepzeig. Any other dates were just rumors and speculation thrown about by journalists.

Edit: Sorry if I come off a little annoyed. The Wardevil delay combined with this rumor have me a bit down. :(

Hey, I'm only going by what I've heard people say.  From what I remember this was supposed to be a launch or at least launch window game.  That makes it 2006 or at least early 2007.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
If this is true, I have one thing to say...

Pathetic.

If KZ2 doesn't release in 2008, it will mark the second year Sony enters a holiday season with a shotgun full of blanks. R2 should be good but honestly, it won't do shit compared to Gears. LBP is a niche game. I'll play them both but it's hard to get too excited about either one when you look at some of the offerings coming to the Wii and 360 during the same season.

C'mon, lets be reasonable here pig. No one knows how LBP is going to turn out, and the style of gameplay is aimed towards BOTH the casual market and core market, calling it a niche game would be the exact opposite of what Media Molecule is trying to accomplish. There are also plently of good games left for Sony for this upcomming holiday season, i don't see how Killzone2 (a game thats already hated by many people) would be enough reason to call Sony's holiday season a "shotgun full of blanks". There's R2 as you mentioned, Socom, Tekken6, The Agency, Motorstorm 2 and possibly Imfamous and WKC....not to mention many consumers would probably really consider BluRay as a incentive for getting a PS3. With GeOW and Fable(bleh) headlining the 360's lineup, I personally don't see how someone would be any less excited about the PS3's lineup.... and the Wii's holiday lineup can only be discribed as.. TBA.

OT: I think it's likely that Sony is pulling alot of financial support from Guerilla and KZ2 developement after realizing that it may get to a point where they can't make their money back. If that's the case then Guerilla may have some tough times finishing the rest of the game with a much smaller cast and reduced budget support.

Aj_habfan said:
Kinda sad that this company won't have released 1 game by the time Insomniac will have released 3 of the PS3's best titles.

I agree. Sony should buy Insonmiac and release these POS developers Guerilla Games. I can't recall any great game from these guys. A huge part of me wants it to flop because of all the hype and budget behind this game.

Does anyone believe Killzone 2 will be released this year? It did take them 2 years to reveal their second trailer. There is very little info about this game.

bbsin said:
rocketpig said:
If this is true, I have one thing to say...

Pathetic.

If KZ2 doesn't release in 2008, it will mark the second year Sony enters a holiday season with a shotgun full of blanks. R2 should be good but honestly, it won't do shit compared to Gears. LBP is a niche game. I'll play them both but it's hard to get too excited about either one when you look at some of the offerings coming to the Wii and 360 during the same season.

C'mon, lets be reasonable here pig. No one knows how LBP is going to turn out, and the style of gameplay is aimed towards BOTH the casual market and core market, calling it a niche game would be the exact opposite of what Media Molecule is trying to accomplish. There are also plently of good games left for Sony for this upcomming holiday season, i don't see how Killzone2 (a game thats already hated by many people) would be enough reason to call Sony's holiday season a "shotgun full of blanks". There's R2 as you mentioned, Socom, Tekken6, The Agency, Motorstorm 2 and possibly Imfamous and WKC....not to mention many consumers would probably really consider BluRay as a incentive for getting a PS3. With GeOW and Fable(bleh) headlining the 360's lineup, I personally don't see how someone would be any less excited about the PS3's lineup.... and the Wii's holiday lineup can only be discribed as.. TBA.

OT: I think it's likely that Sony is pulling alot of financial support from Guerilla and KZ2 developement after realizing that it may get to a point where they can't make their money back. If that's the case then Guerilla may have some tough times finishing the rest of the game with a much smaller cast and reduced budget support.

The PS3 will have games coming out (and I'm looking forward to SOCOM in particular), but nothing that's a real blockbuster. It's sad to see a console enter its third holiday season without any proven franchises in any of them. The closest the PS3 will come to it is Resistance 2, and that's only because Insomniac is apparently staffed by endless hordes of coding zombies who churn out games more often than Lindsay Lohan goes to rehab.

In comparison, the 360 has Halo Wars coming (pretty meh for me but it will sell), Banjo 3 (please don't suck, Rare), Gears of War 2, and Fable.

I'm sure Nintendo has some stuff up their sleeve, too. But, in usual Nintendo fashion, they don't plan on letting us know until the last minute. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

So Sony, can you explain to us why you hype your games so far in advance that it may cause pain to the consumers when the game is delayed and you promised it soon?

Naraku_Diabolos said:
So Sony, can you explain to us why you hype your games so far in advance that it may cause pain to the consumers when the game is delayed and you promised it soon?

That's an easy one: how many people bought a PS3 for the promise of Killzone 2 and the fantastic prerendered trailer?

Once you have the console in your hands you're not nearly as important as those people on the fence so they want to get all those consoles out the door as possible in hopes that more consoles sold means more games.