By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - KillZone 2 "officially" delayed to 2009

is this 100% or just a rumor because its the first i have seen of this

Around the Network

^^^just a rumor from a guy on neogaf forums....The official website still says comming 2008

Unfortunately corporate doctrine is usually to avoid disclosure for as long as it is possible. They have to spin it, leak it, and usually try terribly hard to hide it behind something else. Then there is the entire issue of responsibility, and avoiding it for as long as possible. Without being drawn into public relations nightmare. Basically the last thing anyone wants to do is be the guy up front saying yes the game will be delayed another six months. That is nothing, but a colossal pain in the rear end.

Thats why these stories usually leak weeks or a month before the developer actually freely confesses. They do not want to do it in the first place, and if they have no choice. They would rather do it right in the vain hope that they will not get harassed anymore then possible.

The best sign of whether a rumor is going to end up being true is the following. The developer responds in jargon that loses all coherency, meaning, or can be interpreted in multiple ways. Perhaps even the alternative complete silence. The longer a silence lasts the more likely the rumor is true.

The reason rumors often come true is a result of the fact that developers procrastinate about the official announcement. Giving gossip mongers a chance to pass it along first.

twesterm said:
Million said:
starcraft said:
Somehow I doubt this was delayed because of Resistance 2. Microsoft launched a bevy of first party titles late last year. I think it is because Killzone 2's development has fallen behind.

I think it might be for KZ2 development time but then wasn't KZ2 due to release last year ? I think it wouldn't be right to associate the problem with a cause just yet , espeicaly without any inside info .

With as many delays as it had already had (wasn't it supposed to be a 2006 game?) I wouldn't be surprised if it was another delay. In the minds of the producers the sooner they can get that game out the door and stop bleeding money the better.

Well, since this thread is rumour-based, there is all the talk from surfer girl about blowing out budgets and gameplay that is gimped beyond the point of return (something they may hope to change with a delay).

Also, DMeisterJ sent me this link:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/apr/28/sonylondon

If they are delaying the game and bringing new developers in, they may have lost faith in GG and are trying to save a bad game.  But if thats what they are doing, the development budget must be approaching astronomical levels.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:

Also, DMeisterJ sent me this link:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/apr/28/sonylondon

If they are delaying the game and bringing new developers in, they may have lost faith in GG and are trying to save a bad game. But if thats what they are doing, the development budget must be approaching astronomical levels.

As terrible as it is, that's not unheard of.

Around the Network

lool@starcraft,,,,

I know twestern ,,,,, sillicon knight says hi(too human is in production since 99 and it still doesn't look 1/10 as good as killzone footage of last year)

so what's the source of this news? if it's getting delayed, it's probably because of developing issues i suspect..

''Hadouken!''

I hope that kz2 and too human end up being amazing games just to make all the haters feel silly. Thats my .02

Surprised? no.

Saw this one coming when they said 1 month apart for R2 and KZ2.

There's not exactly a lot of room on the PS3 this year as it is:

May: Haze and Wipeout HD
June: Metal Gear Solid 4
July: Soul Calibur IV
August: Mercenaries 2 and Saints Row 2
September: SoCom, Silent Hill 5, Prototype(?), Fallout 3 (?)
October: Little Big Planet (?), Motorstorm 2 (?)
November: Resistance 2
December: Tekken 6 (?)

Add in Borderlands, Farcry 2 and Street Fighter IV somewhere in there and that's a calender packed with big releases.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!