By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - My Prediction for the rest of the year

ckmlb said:
This generation 3rd party games will play a much lesser role because there are like no 3rd party exclusives between 360 and the ps3 in the future...

That is exactly why third party games are so important ...

Compare and contrast the first and second party line ups from Sony and Microsoft and you'll see that these two companies are developing very similar games and (generally) target the exact same demographic; if you only have first and second party titles to choose from it is very difficult to tell these platforms apart.

It is the third party exclusive games that are distinct (either due to their quality or nature of the game) which truely convince people to buy a system. Because both systems are so similar they will have a great deal of difficulty breaking away (in terms of sales) from eachother; which means that it will be difficult to aquire exclusive games.

Around the Network

sorry to inteript this thread...is there a reason i can't make a new thread? I keep hitting the button and nothing happens.

why is your prediction for 360 9 million? its already past that mark

Andrew, actually if i am not mistaken, the 360 is at 1 million sales for this year

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

I think these are solid predictions, SSJ. I personally think the Wii will sell considerably more than that (15 million+), and while I do think the 360/PS3 numbers might be a TAD high, they're close enough to my own predictions that I wouldn't argue. In general, I'd say these are reasonable predictions that don't scream "(PS3/360/Wii) fanboy!"

If I had to make any criticism, it would be this: the Wii has already sold 5 million consoles in 5 months this year. The odds that it won't sell over 7 million more in the last 7 months of the year that includes Christmas seem slim. While I think it's unlikely (if for no other reason than supply issues), we could quite literally see 7 million Wiis sold in November/December alone. Put differently -- you expect the 360, which has sold 2 million consoles this year, to sell as many consoles over the next 7 months as the Wii, which has sold 5 million consoles. Not impossible by any means, SSJ, it just seems unlikely.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
sorry to inteript this thread...is there a reason i can't make a new thread? I keep hitting the button and nothing happens.

Hehe, it may be lag, Super. Try only hitting it once, then if it doesn't work, come back in an hour or so. This site is growing quite fast, and it is suffering from bandwidth issues pretty frequently right now (in my experience, at least).

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

HappySqurriel said:
ckmlb said:
This generation 3rd party games will play a much lesser role because there are like no 3rd party exclusives between 360 and the ps3 in the future...

That is exactly why third party games are so important ...

Compare and contrast the first and second party line ups from Sony and Microsoft and you'll see that these two companies are developing very similar games and (generally) target the exact same demographic; if you only have first and second party titles to choose from it is very difficult to tell these platforms apart.

It is the third party exclusive games that are distinct (either due to their quality or nature of the game) which truely convince people to buy a system. Because both systems are so similar they will have a great deal of difficulty breaking away (in terms of sales) from eachother; which means that it will be difficult to aquire exclusive games.

There will be almost no 3rd party exclusives between those two platforms (At leat big ones) in the future. So how is 3rd party important?

It's 1st and 2nd party that are most important. Tell me is MS making a game like Uncharted or Heavenly Sword or Ratchet or Lair right now? no.

1st and 2nd Party is going to be the difference between those two consoles. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Heavenly Sword and Lair are both third party 3rd Party... They are being PUBLISHED by SONY, and developed by a 3rd party developer. That boyo, is a 3rd party exclusive

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Quantum-Tarantino said:
Heavenly Sword and Lair are both third party 3rd Party... They are being PUBLISHED by SONY, and developed by a 3rd party developer. That boyo, is a 3rd party exclusive

Those are 2nd party games.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Quantum-Tarantino said:

So how long will it take for BOTH of these titles to come to the 360?

Unless Sony "own" the IP, no reason why it couldn't happen. At worst a sequel could if the contract excludes this. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099