By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Wii Fit will outsell GTA4 worldwide by 2009

Rol is not buying wii fit. so no.

I blame Australians.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

People laughed when it was first suggested that Wii Fit could pass PS3 sales in Japan.

Just keep laughing...

It all depends on supply of Wii Fit, As the demand will be there. If they can keep production up to meet demand (or just under) then it will surpass GTAIV. No doubts in my mind.

Nintendo Zealot said:
I doubt it. Real gamers aren't going to get wii fit, only the 40 year olds.

Lol, there are a lot of 40 year olds with Wii's--no shitting, I saw a 60 year old woman buying one for HER MOM at Best Buy the other day--it's a damn novelty to the old people...

But the question for me is....how many of the people buying Wii fit will actually USE it.  How many will try it for a week or two, say that's cool, and then not touch it again?  I'd guess around 75%+ of the people that buy it.  They buy into the hype, but never into the actual game...sort of like Assassin's Creed.

If I ever end up getting it (which I've almost bought into the idea for some reason)...that's what I'll do.  Get it out of curiousity because I want to check it out.  Try it a few times, and then shove it in a closet and go back to normal games for entertainment and a gym for my workouts.

It's sort of like that fancy new treadmill that you buy and use for a few weeks because it seems like a good idea and fun--but then it collects dust in the corner for the rest of its life.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

libellule said:
I believe too

Wiifit will be the best selling game EVER released by 1st January 2009 : largely possible for me

Wow, how that will happen is beyond me considering WiiFit would have to sell near 40.5 million to do so and considering that the average (my observation) prediction for the Wii to sell by Jan 1st 2009 is around 40-45 million that would be an attache rate somewhere in the 90-100% range!!!

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Around the Network

Just may happen.

I think it'll happen. A lotta casual gamers don't read reviews but once a few mom's have it and they start talking, all the families are going to want it. Wii Fit will be in the NA top 10 charts for months, GTAIV will probably drop out of the top 10 charts after 2 months.

If that happens, we all know nintendo has officially killed gaming.

mM
Mummelmann said:
Viper1 said:
akuma587 said:
Yeah, honestly I doubt this prediction. GTA sold SOOOOOO many copies last gen. Wii Fit will sell a lot don't get me wrong, but GTA4 might outsell all of its previous iterations.

GTA: SA sold 17.37 million to a userbase of 142 million consoles and you think GTAIV selling to just 30 million will outsell it?

Do you think the PS3/360 combined install base will stay at 30 million forever and never move upwards? That's equally silly if you ask me.

The sequel to GTA4 will come out before the end of the generation though. I am going to agree with the people saying it will sell a lot less than GTA: SA just because of the difference in install base. The next instalment will come even close to it, and by the end of the generation there might be a version that will to outsell it most likely. The sequels that will come for the game are likely to stun GTA4s sales and keep it from being the best selling in the series.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

FishyJoe said:
The thing that gives Wii Fit an advantage is that other games will make use of the balance board. So even people who may not be interested in Wii Fit will buy it anyways.

This is exactly why people will discount sales of Wii Fit when it does eventually pass GTA4.  They will say people are just buying it for the balance board, so it should not count. (like Wii Play)