By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Wii Fit will outsell GTA4 worldwide by 2009

I agree...all said and done

Wii Fit will OUTSELL GTA IV 2:1.....Yes I went there...

& this is because I know my friends mums & my mum PRE-ORDERED Wii fit themselves..that is huge!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
I agree...all said and done

Wii Fit will OUTSELL GTA IV 2:1.....Yes I went there...

& this is because I know my friends mums & my mum PRE-ORDERED Wii fit themselves..that is huge!

Yes; my mum and two of my friends' mums bought it without their gaming son'/daughter's intervention. This is my evidence.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

The thing that gives Wii Fit an advantage is that other games will make use of the balance board. So even people who may not be interested in Wii Fit will buy it anyways.

The health market is larger than the video game market. If WiiFit successfully taps the fitness market, as well as capturing some of the VG market there's no way GTAIV can compete.

Also WiiFit will be HUGE internationally. GTAIV will only be HUGE in NA and parts of Others with negliable success in Asia.

Also GTA III (and related) sold to a lot of kids despite the M rating. In fact practically all of my sons friends had it from age 9 (I made him wait until he was 13). However GTAIV is much more realistic violence/blood/strippers and there's less likelihood of it benefiting from that demographic.

@Game_Boy

exactly, HISTORICALLY such things have never happened, I know people buying the WII for this game..& those people havn't heard of Brawl, or SMG....all they are buying the wii for is Wii Fit & Wii Sports..

GTA IV will OUTSTRIP Wii Fit in quality but in sales the opposite will happen

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

No way this happens.

And I have to ask, are all of you serious when you really think Wii Fit will sell more then GTA4?

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

*deep breath*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GTA4 will more then double Wii Fits sales by Jan 1 2009.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Does it matter? Wiifit sales = supply.

As long as nintendo makes them, their selling.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I think it won't happen before the first of January although I could see it happening somewhere in the end of 2009. Maybe it won't happen, I think there is a 60 procent change Wiifit will see massive sales and will outsell GTA4, 40 procent change that GTa4 will be outselling Wiifit.

Gamerace said:
The health market is larger than the video game market. If WiiFit successfully taps the fitness market, as well as capturing some of the VG market there's no way GTAIV can compete.

Also WiiFit will be HUGE internationally. GTAIV will only be HUGE in NA and parts of Others with negliable success in Asia.

Also GTA III (and related) sold to a lot of kids despite the M rating. In fact practically all of my sons friends had it from age 9 (I made him wait until he was 13). However GTAIV is much more realistic violence/blood/strippers and there's less likelihood of it benefiting from that demographic.

Are you kidding? Kids love violence/blood/strippers. 

Man, good memories of DukeNukem 3D. 

I think wii fit could outsell GTAIV too, but sometime next year, GTA will have a huge launch week and continue selling but the sales will go down over time,
Wii fit has legs that are steady all the time and never seems to go down