By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Wii Fit will outsell GTA4 worldwide by 2009

total sales of GTA games. 61.6

15.4 highest selling GTA game
For Wii fit that would be a 30% attach rate if Wii has 50M consoles by the end of this calender year.
So in 2009 is not unreasonable. Especially if Japan and EU hold up have you seen Nintendogs numbers in EU? Wii Fit should be similar.

"Like you know"

Around the Network
leo-j said:
If that happens, we all know nintendo has officially killed gaming.

Oh noes, a casual game sold well! Gamings dead!

Just no Leo. If Mario, Zelda and Metroid aren't 'core' games then nothing is.

Faxanadu said:
Rol is not buying wii fit. so no.

I blame Australians.

Wait, so is Rol Austrian or Australian?

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

SJGohan3972 said:
libellule said:
I believe too

Wiifit will be the best selling game EVER released by 1st January 2009 : largely possible for me

Wow, how that will happen is beyond me considering WiiFit would have to sell near 40.5 million to do so and considering that the average (my observation) prediction for the Wii to sell by Jan 1st 2009 is around 40-45 million that would be an attache rate somewhere in the 90-100% range!!!

==> stupid question from me :

what is the best selling game ? GTA3 ? San andreas ?

15 M WW ?

Is there a game that was able to sell more than 20M WW ???

I doubt but I m not sure

Time to Work !

@libellule

GTA SA sold 20 million ALL PLATFORMS combined

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

@libellule

oh and only Pokemon Gold/silver, & Red/Blue have been independant NON-bundled games selling over 20 million

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

leo-j said:
If that happens, we all know nintendo has officially killed gaming.

I wish you where older and realized that expansion doesn't kill the core it makes it stronger and pulls more people in. Like a gateway drug.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

^Lol! Kenzo compares casual games to Weed! Story at 11.

WiiFit won't beat GTA4 by 09, but it will lifetime. If you care, you can find solace in that statement. SA sold like 17 mil with a 100 mil user base. The GTA will need major hype to pass that because there are like 29 million 360s & PS3s out there ( combined. They probably won't get to 130 mil. combined. I'd be surprised if GTA4 sells more than SA on those terms. It probably won't unless there is a substantial attach rate (like 7:1)

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I really don't see this happening but nice try.