By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Wii Fit will outsell GTA4 worldwide by 2009

With the apparent success of Wii Fit in the UK adding to strong Japanese sales and the upcoming American release, I am predicting that Vgchartz will show a higher total for Wii Fit worldwide than GTAIV's Xbox 360 and PS3 versions combined on January 1st, 2009.

I believe that Wii Fit will be massive. It will be a change of magnitude in game sales. The attach ratio of it will approach Wii Play.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

Around the Network

Uhh... yeah.

Duh

GTA IV will be done selling by Jan-Feb after Christmas and the XBOX 360 EEC come out. Wii Fit will be selling until the Wii is done.

But...

GTAIV will have the higher first week, by millions. 

I doubt it. Real gamers aren't going to get wii fit, only the 40 year olds.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

DMeisterJ said:

Uhh... yeah.

Duh

GTA IV will be done selling by Jan-Feb after Christmas and the XBOX 360 EEC come out. Wii Fit will be selling until the Wii is done.

But...

GTAIV will have the higher first week, by millions. 

I said January 1st. According to you, GTAIV will still be selling.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

never. GTAIV IS HUGE!!!

Around the Network

I dunno. GTA has proven crazy legs.

I'd say it's safer to say WiiFit > GTA 360 or GTA PS3 but combined GTA sales?

Maybe yes.

WiiFit in Japan reach about 35% of Wii owners.
In EU and NA it could be the same percent.

So when Wii reach (for example) 60M about 20M WiiFit will be sold..

Caccaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :P

I think your prediction is very far, I think to January 2010.

I'm going with June 2010, mainly due to production shortages.

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

Game_boy said:

With the apparent success of Wii Fit in the UK adding to strong Japanese sales and the upcoming American release, I am predicting that Vgchartz will show a higher total for Wii Fit worldwide than GTAIV's Xbox 360 and PS3 versions combined on January 1st, 2009.

I believe that Wii Fit will be massive. It will be a change of magnitude in game sales. The attach ratio of it will approach Wii Play.

No way in hell Wii Fit attach rate is even close to Wii Play attach rate. Very wishful thinking there.