By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Wii Fit will outsell GTA4 worldwide by 2009

Game_boy said:

With the apparent success of Wii Fit in the UK adding to strong Japanese sales and the upcoming American release, I am predicting that Vgchartz will show a higher total for Wii Fit worldwide than GTAIV's Xbox 360 and PS3 versions combined on January 1st, 2009.

I believe that Wii Fit will be massive. It will be a change of magnitude in game sales. The attach ratio of it will approach Wii Play.

No way.

I'll restate my thoughts on this: WiiFit will outsell both the 360 + PS3 versions of GTA - but NOT both versions combined.

Expecting close to 10m sales WiiFit by Jan 1st '09, GTA4 combined will be much more than 10m - maybe as high as 15m. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

I don't know about GTA. Too early to tell.
The question on MY mind right now is if Wii Fit will sell more than the GameCube.

Wii fit wont outsell the PS3 version of GTA 4, its not likely and not possible, GTA Is the biggest thing to gaming wii cant kill it too.

mM
Rath said:
leo-j said:
If that happens, we all know nintendo has officially killed gaming.

Oh noes, a casual game sold well! Gamings dead!

Just no Leo. If Mario, Zelda and Metroid aren't 'core' games then nothing is.

Nintendo barely cares about metroid, and Zelda will always be there only true hardcore game, they dont care about the hardcore market anymore, they care about the casuals.

Nintendo is not what they used to be, Ive said this before, and I am 100% correct, they care for casual gaming more than anything this gen since its were there $$ comes from, every single company (Epic Games) is starting to despise nintendo, for what they know the outcome will be this gen, the end of Hardcore gaming.

mM
leo-j said:
Wii fit wont outsell the PS3 version of GTA 4, its not likely and not possible, GTA Is the biggest thing to gaming wii cant kill it too.

Expect to be disapointed ...

Realistically, GTA 4 will end up selling fairly equally across both the PS3 and XBox 360 and will probably sell (at best) around 15 Million units world wide; which means that each version will end up selling about 7.5 Million units.

In Japan alone Wii Fit will soon pass 2 Million units sold and will likely pass 4 Million units sold in Japan by the end of the generation, and it has the potential to sell similar (or better) numbers in Europe and North America; this will put Wii Fit at 12 Million units sold as a minimum in its lifetime.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
leo-j said:

Expect to be disapointed ...

Realistically, GTA 4 will end up selling fairly equally across both the PS3 and XBox 360 and will probably sell (at best) around 15 Million units world wide; which means that each version will end up selling about 7.5 Million units.

In Japan alone Wii Fit will soon pass 2 Million units sold and will likely pass 4 Million units sold in Japan by the end of the generation, and it has the potential to sell similar (or better) numbers in Europe and North America; this will put Wii Fit at 12 Million units sold as a minimum in its lifetime.

Expect to be disapointed..

mM
leo-j said:
Rath said:
leo-j said:
If that happens, we all know nintendo has officially killed gaming.

Oh noes, a casual game sold well! Gamings dead!

Just no Leo. If Mario, Zelda and Metroid aren't 'core' games then nothing is.

Nintendo barely cares about metroid, and Zelda will always be there only true hardcore game, they dont care about the hardcore market anymore, they care about the casuals.

Nintendo is not what they used to be, Ive said this before, and I am 100% correct, they care for casual gaming more than anything this gen since its were there $$ comes from, every single company (Epic Games) is starting to despise nintendo, for what they know the outcome will be this gen, the end of Hardcore gaming.

So a company that has released Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mario Kart (pretty much all of their "Core" games) in 18 months doesn't care about "core" gamers? They have demonstrated a far greater focus on their traditional market than Sony or Microsoft were able to in the same timeframe.

Beyond that do you have any evidence that "every single company is starting to despise nintendo"? Beyond a few whiny executives I haven't seen any evidence that any company (except for Sony and Microsoft) has any ill will towards Nintendo for what they have done with the Nintendo DS or Wii.