By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Boards are already claiming fatal errors with BOTH versions of GTA IV.

Ok, now lets see how long before PS3 fanboys get on and claim they are xbox players and say, "My Xbox live is down".  

Around the Network

lol, that's the bane of an open world I guess.

TheRealMafoo said:
NJ5 said:
TheRealMafoo said:

Umm, question... what would uninstalling and reinstalling do if the code is bad? It would put the exact same flaw in the system. A good reason to do that however, is if the disk read the information wrong the first time, and got it right the second ;)

Some code bugs happen in weird ways, which can seem random at first if you don't know what the cause is. Here is a very good example:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2007/10/24/ratchet-and-clank-ps3-contains-minor-installation-bug

In that case, the solution was not to just uninstall and reinstall. You had to make a change to the PS3 that you were installing on. Not quite the same thing.

You have totally missed the point of what I said. I'm not saying this is in any way similar to that bug, just giving you an example of how some bugs can seem totally random. This would explain why reinstalling could solve the problem. Rockstar is not stupid.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

How did reviewers miss these glitches?

Or maybe they didn't miss them at all and simply glossed over them? I'm sure they thought a lock up and freeze glitch here and there is no big deal...that was, until the internet gets a hold of the game.

I am SuperLloyd!

(Im)patiently awaiting the Dawn of the New World!

shyppo305 said:
Ok, now lets see how long before PS3 fanboys get on and claim they are xbox players and say, "My Xbox live is down".
Just like how the PS3 fanboys "claimed" the Xbox360 freezing issues?

Around the Network

well most games have a few bad copies out there.

"Like you know"

The online issues are already fixed, i was just playing online with no lag.

i've been playing it on my 60gb for about 5 hours now and haven't had a problem.

I think I know the reason behind this thread,,,,Some people are not happy about the fact that this game is getting higher reviews than their favourite games.So they make this thread to say see there are problems and sites shouldn't rate it high.So they blow the problem out of proportion.(I played for 8 hours on US 60 gig not a single glitch).

this kinda behaviour is expected,,,,and don't forget SSBB had problems reading the disk for lots of people and it got 9.5.