By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Boards are already claiming fatal errors with BOTH versions of GTA IV.

NJ5 said:
TheRealMafoo said:

Umm, question... what would uninstalling and reinstalling do if the code is bad? It would put the exact same flaw in the system. A good reason to do that however, is if the disk read the information wrong the first time, and got it right the second ;)

Some code bugs happen in weird ways, which can seem random at first if you don't know what the cause is. Here is a very good example:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2007/10/24/ratchet-and-clank-ps3-contains-minor-installation-bug

In that case, the solution was not to just uninstall and reinstall. You had to make a change to the PS3 that you were installing on. Not quite the same thing.

Around the Network

So much for the perfect game and the perfect score for the game.

Allthough I love the HD consoles I am still waiting for the true HD games that all the fanboys were screaming would come on the true HD consoles.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

vaio said:

Allthough I love the HD consoles I am still waiting for the true HD games that all the fanboys were screaming would come on the true HD consoles.

Yea, I have a 2560x1600 PC monitor. I am still waiting for the PC that will play crisis at 60fps constant on it. (that was sarcasm by the way)

In the PC world, games come in all resolutions in order to work on different hardware. The same hardware also has to play different games at different resolutions in order to fun at a good frame rate. Why should HD consoles be any different?

Q_A_X said:
60gb PAL PS3. Working fine, perfect game.

Just people trying to put down the PS3, as usual.

Wrong. What part of the word "both versions" in the title did you not understand? 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

TheRealMafoo said:
vaio said:

Yea, I have a 2560x1600 PC monitor. I am still waiting for the PC that will play crisis at 60fps constant on it. (that was sarcasm by the way)

In the PC world, games come in all resolutions in order to work on different hardware. The same hardware also has to play different games at different resolutions in order to fun at a good frame rate. Why should HD consoles be any different?

Because they have to, so that they can magically start outselling the Wii 2:1. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Phew working on my JP 60GB.

Too bad i don't like the game xD

360 version

5 hours in

No freezing.

Ps3 60gig, the game is as smooth as can be, Im lovin it.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

Not to play the whistle-blower among the Sony fraternity here, but my 60GB launch PAL PS3 did crash when i first went to save the game manually.

However, there was no having to unplug the console or anything, it reset in the normal way and has worked since (about 3 hours play). Also, the game still saved properly and the file wasn't corrupted.

So I don't think it's a major problem.

gebx said:
I don't want to be a total ass, but reports are stating its the PS3 thats having issues

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=187902

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/game-types/shooter/ps3-owners-report-freezing-errors-on-gta-iv-$1220708.htm

I just quickly googled GTA and Freezing and those are the two news articles that popped up about the issue. Mind you its 7:50am and maybe the 360 articles will come out at some point later today.

Looking at the xbox.com forums and the few (I only saw two on the first two pages) describe RRoD's about to happen and not random fatal errors.

quit trolling please, both versions are having some minor issues. I was playing online last night for like 7 hours straight and like 2 people compained about a slight lock-up. Remember though, with this generation of consoles, a patch can easily be released to solve the issues.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453