By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean 4 confirmed PS3 exclusive in latest OXM interview

WOW.....can't wait

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Ryan from OXM just posted on NeoGAF. False alarm for every PS3 fanboy:

I haven't been hiding. Just fact-checking.

So it turns out this was an honest mistake on our part. The parenthetical reference to SO4 being a PS3 RPG was an assumption on our interviewer's part (and we all know what assuming does, hehe!). Nothing's been announced. And no, that's not code for "it's really coming for PS3 and OXM is just covering their tracks." We truly just goofed. Sorry about that. We've updated the story on our site to clarify.

On a side note, glad you all seemed to enjoy the feature and interview!

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

@mrstickball

PS3 fanboys???

their more into how Killzone 2 will be T3H CELL DOMINATION

Some of us were purely happy due to the SO franchise value and how good it is....{sigh}

anyways...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

mrstickball said:
Ryan from OXM just posted on NeoGAF. False alarm for every PS3 fanboy:

I haven't been hiding. Just fact-checking.

So it turns out this was an honest mistake on our part. The parenthetical reference to SO4 being a PS3 RPG was an assumption on our interviewer's part (and we all know what assuming does, hehe!). Nothing's been announced. And no, that's not code for "it's really coming for PS3 and OXM is just covering their tracks." We truly just goofed. Sorry about that. We've updated the story on our site to clarify.

On a side note, glad you all seemed to enjoy the feature and interview!

For now...

Right, WoW.

It's one thing to extrapolate a given article as a confirmation of exclusivity, and another to just try to take the article at face value, which obviously didn't confirm exclusivity.

Thats why I said it was a false alarm for PS3 fanboys - losing SO to a multi-plat appearance might be too demoralizing for some.

But we'll have to wait and see if it is indeed what some think, or if the 360 will get both an exclusive IU and share SO.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

@Mrstickball

Isn't your sig too long?

OT: False alarm, but only a matter of time :)

With sales this bad in Japan for the PS3, I wouldn't be surprised to see this title go multiplatform, or even switch development to Wii exclusive.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I'm so getting tired of people knowing what so good for the title and what's good for the console, the PS3 is dead thanks to the WII, SOIV will not sell, Tales of Vesperia is exclusive to 360, bla, bla, what I'm reading around here. All I know is .... first see it official and then believe it and if it happens I'll sure laugh my ass off to something I'll tell ya.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

This is like the fourth STar Ocean 4th confirmed for the PS3 thread I've seen in six months. Isn't being confirmed once good enough or has everyone just been pretending its been confirmed up until now.

Hell, from the looks of things its not even really confirmed in this thread either.