By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean 4 confirmed PS3 exclusive in latest OXM interview

I will buy the PS3 version anyway,whether exclusive or not.
Don't want to risk getting RRoD,if there is an option of avoiding it.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Around the Network
rukusa said:
Oh jesus christ people...

...Im seeing all these replies to turning it all upside down making it seem impossible to be true.

Fine. You can play sceptics all you want, but seriously you got to stop being "afraid" of looking gullible.

Either way, Im looking forward to the day that people suddenly get an official announcement and completely neglect that its been hinted strongly many times.
Well you are getting a bit paranoid.
Yojimbo, for example, asked if the developer said it as a mistake(if he wasn't suppose to let the cat out of the bag yet, but accidentally did) But you instantly assumed that what he asked was if the developer saying ps3 was a mistake.

And guys, wasn't it said that SO4 will be on only one platform?
Since the PS3 took that spot, SO4 should be PS3 exclusive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

if it was true,so wow,we just tow big exclusive (with ffiiix),they will help the ps3 alot especially in japan

The PS3 would be the best platform for these large rpg projects.

while I agree that this might be a good hint, in my humble opinion only official statements by the devs justify a "confirmed" in a thread title

Around the Network
iclim4 said:
Yojimbo, for example, asked if the developer said it as a mistake(if he wasn't suppose to let the cat out of the bag yet, but accidentally did) But you instantly assumed that what he asked was if the developer saying ps3 was a mistake.

It was.

The qoute went along the lines of "Star Ocean 4 will be coming to a console with beautiful/fantastic graphics" or something like this anyway.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

rukusa said:
iclim4 said:
Yojimbo, for example, asked if the developer said it as a mistake(if he wasn't suppose to let the cat out of the bag yet, but accidentally did) But you instantly assumed that what he asked was if the developer saying ps3 was a mistake.

It was.

The qoute went along the lines of "Star Ocean 4 will be coming to a console with beautiful/fantastic graphics" or something like this anyway.

"According to tri-Ace, the platform for Star Ocean 4 is yet to be determined, and claims that the title is exclusive to any single platform are only speculation based on rumors."

From Wikipedia, but sourced.

That said, I expect this to be PS3 exclusive anyway.

Thanks Naznatips, I tried googling but didn't come up with anything.
I seem to have been mistaken then. My bad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Red*Pokemon*Trainer said:
The PS3 would be the best platform for these large rpg projects.

In theory, yes, but MS moneyhats certainly make the 360 more tempting to Japanese developers.  Tales of Vesperia is a perfect example of this.

Doesn't the fact that it is in brackets mean that the comment was edited rather than a direct quote from Ogawa? I wouldn't be surprised if it indeed turns out to be a PS3 exclusive, but if I'm right this is hardly a confirmation.