By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Ocean 4 confirmed PS3 exclusive in latest OXM interview

Linkzmax said:
Doesn't the fact that it is in brackets mean that the comment was edited rather than a direct quote from Ogawa? I wouldn't be surprised if it indeed turns out to be a PS3 exclusive, but if I'm right this is hardly a confirmation.

Yes, brackets. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

If this turns out to be true then great for the PS3!

The game will likely be a big hit in Japan :D

I really enjoyed the third installment in the series, i hope this one turns out alright too.

I like technology when its moving forward..

PSN: methys

I don't wanna jump the gun yet but, "hoooooraahhh!" if it's true...

makingmusic476 said:
Red*Pokemon*Trainer said:
The PS3 would be the best platform for these large rpg projects.

In theory, yes, but MS moneyhats certainly make the 360 more tempting to Japanese developers. Tales of Vesperia is a perfect example of this.

I believe that Tales of Vesperia will be exclusive to the Xbox 360 due to the developer's faith in the Xbox 360's ability to viably maintain Japanese games.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

When is this game due out? In all seriousness, this as an exclusive would be a nice little boost for the console in Japan.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

rukusa said:
Oh jesus christ people...

...Im seeing all these replies to turning it all upside down making it seem impossible to be true.

Fine. You can play sceptics all you want, but seriously you got to stop being "afraid" of looking gullible.

Either way, Im looking forward to the day that people suddenly get an official announcement and completely neglect that its been hinted strongly many times.
I don't think people are being skeptical. I just think people came into this topic expecting confirmation, and you gave them a small edited bracket in an interview in OXM magazine. While it swings the pendelum in your favor, it doesn't exactly scream "Confirmed!". Everyone here is merely being cautiously optimistic or pessimistic because things like this get thrown around all the time and turn out not to be true. Just let it slide.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Why do PS3 owners care if it's exclusive or not anyway? Something to add to the list for teh systemwarz?

Well, SE and Sony do have quite a good and fruitful relationship from the past 10 years or so, so its not that much of a shocker to me.
That said; I don't care all that much about Star Ocean tbh (but I hear its great).

I've never played any of the games? Should i? lol