By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Premier League Table

bobacob said:
Munkeh111 said:
DOATS1 said:

i'm so disappointed in arsenal. we on top for so long! the majority of the season infact, arsenal failed, like this dog:

By the end of the season, Fabreagas just looked exhausted, and now Flamini and Hleb are on the way out, so I don't think Arsenal will be contenders next season either. the problem is with the squad, and people like Diaby and Senderos, who are just not good enough for the league

People that support the premiership always seem to have this mentality, every season people seem to say that arsenal are losing it they just have a bunch of kids that will do nothing but get worse. Arsenal havent achieved much but since henrys and veiras departure they seem a little bit more fluid, even if a little bit slower somehow.

Arsenal have always had the knack of good deals as well!! trashly cole for gallas!! and money!! what the hell!

Also premiership fans always seem to think that liverpool will do amazing next season, which is kind of odd to me because they never really improve on their posistion. This is more than likely due to their extreme lack of competance of grinding out results and their reliance upon 1 player.

With that all said im a villa fan and i think getting rid of barry would be a very good option, same as liverpool getting rid of gerrard.

When an excess of 50% of play come from one player you become predictable, you are right about fabrigas he sees to much of the ball. Liverpool and arsnal could learn a trick or two from chelsea and man u who dont rely on one man.

With all that being said next season Man u top, chelsea second, arsenal third, everton 4th(if they can do some transfer deals, liverpool 5th, hotspur 6th and villa 7th. Anyone else care for a prediction?

edit* and this upon reading is an absolute mess of a post

Seriously, can we stop calling them big 4 but actually there are only big 3 clubs (Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea)?

I know Liverpool won Champions League a few years ago, won a couples of domestic cups and finished 2nd once(?) in premier league, but they were never a serious league title contenders. 

Outside of Gerrard and Torres, i cant think of any Liverpool players who can break into the starting lineup of Chelsea or Man Utd

Around the Network

Stclam i completely agree with you, I infact hate liverpool and everything they stand for( putting all of their eggs in one basket).

I never called them the big four at any point, you will see that i think liverpool will finish 5th next season because everton are slowly getting better.

In the time that everton have become a more competant side , liverpool appear to have stood still.

The main difference between the leaders of title race and the people who are top in my opinion is strength in depth of the squad, this is especially true in chelsea and united, it isnt only that they have a higher quality of players.

Yet there is nothing stopping other teams from finding a tevez, thierry or vierra but other teams just dont seem to find them.

Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Also Villa have 3 players in the top ten of the actim index omgwtf!

Edit ahley youung is beating roony by 80 points shows the gulf in class, United are a better team without him, hes not fast his short passes are inaccurate and hes not a goal scorer. English strikers are a rare breed i suppose though:D 

Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Bump. This weekend is very decisive, Everton can clinch fifth place and UEFA Cup football with a draw. United will need to equal or better Chelsea's result to retain thier crown and take their 10th premier league title. At the other end, Bolton need only a draw to remain in the premier league, Birmingham need a win and for other results to go thier way to stay up while reading in order to stay up will need fulham to draw or lose and to win themselves. Fulham need only equal Readings result to stay up. Should be very emotional and tense final weekend of the 2007-08 premier league season. Its been one hell of a ride, there's been up#s and downs, controversy and goals galore. So good luck to the teams trying to avoid relegation, good luck to Manchester United and well played everyone.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

The relegation battle at the bottom is looking extremely interesting

Around the Network
stclam said:
NintendoMan said:
This is the first time the premier league may be decided on goal difference.

i believe it happened in the old league one?

Yes, in the 1988-89 season the old First division was decied on goal difference, the way the table was set-up, Liverpool would win the league even if they lost 1-0. They went 1-0 done and then just minutes before the end Arsenal scored a second and won the league on goal difference.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

iight lads im back this is what i have to say about the glorious EPL

man u will win teh titles for sure. wigan is a joke compared with man utsd. utd beat them 4 nil last time they played. chelsea will finish 2nd and arsenal 3rd. im surprised chelsea came this close to winning the titles. i thought they were done when they were back in 3rd. arsenal i knew were going to lose steam and do poorley in 2008. hleb and flamini are leaving, gilberto looks to be retiring, lehman is leaving, eduardo is out, and players like denilson diaby, song, senderos dont looks like their cut out for the epl.

liverpool once again, forks out cash on players and phails in the EPL. im dissapointed in spurs . last season they played like arsenal now they play like birmingham LOL. west ham meh,. everton no surprises there 5th place. im glad to see villa unlock their potential as a uefa cup contender. blackburn did good, man city im dissapointed in cuz they looked like they were gunna get 4th place.

i wanted middlesbrough to get relegated so badly but w/e. bolton im dissapointed in cause last season they played with passion now there like w/e, with an exception to nolan and diouf.

portsmouth slipped at the endo f the season. newcastle meh. if they played like they did since march theyll proly get a 8th place finish next season. (please sell barton! big sam u wasted 3 mill pounds on him!) good job to sunderland and keano for stayiung up. keano did a good job in bringing them to the PL and making them stay here gj roy., for not losing ur temper LOL.

any smart fotball person knew that derby was gunna get relegated. 11 points? lol. birmingham have to play blackburn so they are gone. now reading and fulham and bolton is a tough one. reading play derby which should be an ez win, fulham play portsmouth, which i think they will either draw or lose, and bolton play chelsea, which is a loss right there. im putting my money on fulham and bolton to get relegated.

there you go my season sum up.

Aparently their was a chain of bookies in Ireland that paid out punters for Derby going down after 6 games, because they said it was impossible.It seems like every match they played against people in the top 8 or so was just 6-0, 7-0 etc... against them.

OOOOOHHHHH a good joke about ARSEnal.

What's the difference between Arsenal FC and Arsonists?

Arsonists don't throw away matches.

NintendoMan said:
stclam said:
NintendoMan said:
This is the first time the premier league may be decided on goal difference.

i believe it happened in the old league one?

Yes, in the 1988-89 season the old First division was decied on goal difference, the way the table was set-up, Liverpool would win the league even if they lost 1-0. They went 1-0 done and then just minutes before the end Arsenal scored a second and won the league on goal difference.

If my memory serve me right, the Arsenal player who scored the crucial goal in the last minute, is a former Liverpool player (Thomas?)

We' seen stranger thing before, maybe Man Utd claimed 3 pts from Wigan but somehow Chelsea score 25 goals?

The relegation battle is very tight, i still remember how WBA escaped from relegation in an nearly impossible scenario some years ago.