By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Premier League Table

Wigan got nothing to fight for, i think Man United won it already
When is the last time the championship is decided by goal differences?

And i'm glad that WBA will back to the Premier League

Around the Network

This is the first time the premier league may be decided on goal difference.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
NintendoMan said:
This is the first time the premier league may be decided on goal difference.

i believe it happened in the old league one?

Just saw this on newspaper, it's probably a good sign to you man utd fans

Since year 2000, the champion of Premier League always decided by........the champion of La Liga!

================================================================

Man Utd  00/01 Real Madrid

Arsenal   01/02 Valencia

Man Utd  02/03 Real Madrid

Arsenal   03/04 Valencia

Chelsea   04/05 Barcelona

Chelsea   05/06 Barcelona

Man Utd   06/07 Real Madrid

Man Utd?  07/08 Real Madrid

highwaystar101 said:
^ For some reason I want Birmingham to stay up too this season... and this is coming from an avid Villa fan

I assume you want them to stay up for the 6 points and another funny game:D

I was going to put 20 quid on chelsea to win the premiership when they were in 8th place and doing VERY bad, my girlfriend said do not waste your money! she said the same for chelsea vs arsenal, If she is wrong about the premiership i will have lost about 300 quid!!!!!!!!

Also if she is wrong the pimp hand may have to come out:D 

Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Realistically, United will beat wigan. Nice try Chelsea.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network
DOATS1 said:

i'm so disappointed in arsenal. we on top for so long! the majority of the season infact, arsenal failed, like this dog:

By the end of the season, Fabreagas just looked exhausted, and now Flamini and Hleb are on the way out, so I don't think Arsenal will be contenders next season either. the problem is with the squad, and people like Diaby and Senderos, who are just not good enough for the league

I shall revive this by saying "I have never met a Manchester united fan from Manchester" lol

Munkeh111 said:
DOATS1 said:

i'm so disappointed in arsenal. we on top for so long! the majority of the season infact, arsenal failed, like this dog:

By the end of the season, Fabreagas just looked exhausted, and now Flamini and Hleb are on the way out, so I don't think Arsenal will be contenders next season either. the problem is with the squad, and people like Diaby and Senderos, who are just not good enough for the league

People that support the premiership always seem to have this mentality, every season people seem to say that arsenal are losing it they just have a bunch of kids that will do nothing but get worse. Arsenal havent achieved much but since henrys and veiras departure they seem a little bit more fluid, even if a little bit slower somehow.

Arsenal have always had the knack of good deals as well!! trashly cole for gallas!! and money!! what the hell!

Also premiership fans always seem to think that liverpool will do amazing next season, which is kind of odd to me because they never really improve on their posistion. This is more than likely due to their extreme lack of competance of grinding out results and their reliance upon 1 player.

With that all said im a villa fan and i think getting rid of barry would be a very good option, same as liverpool getting rid of gerrard.

When an excess of 50% of play come from one player you become predictable, you are right about fabrigas he sees to much of the ball. Liverpool and arsnal could learn a trick or two from chelsea and man u who dont rely on one man.

With all that being said next season Man u top, chelsea second, arsenal third, everton 4th(if they can do some transfer deals, liverpool 5th, hotspur 6th and villa 7th. Anyone else care for a prediction?

edit* and this upon reading is an absolute mess of a post

Hmmm, predictions for next season. It depends on the transfers made, especially if berbatov moves from Tottenham Hotspurs and Barry move from villa, etc...

Anyway my prediction would be.

1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea (it will be close)
3. Liverpool - Because they seem to be hotting up for players right now, esp. Barry.
4. Arsenal - I think next season will be tiring and a chore for them.
5. Portsmouth - If they make some good transfers
6. Aston Villa
7. Tottenham hotspurs - If they can get good signings in
8. Everton - They are too up and down for my liking
9. Blackburn rovers
10. Newcastle
11. Man city - If Sven goes, which I doubt he will stay
12. West ham - Wont do as well next year methinks
13. Wigan Athletic - If they are lucky
14. West brom
15. Middlesbrough
16. Bolton

If I go any further I will be predicting the impossible

Sven... so unlucky his amazing performance at the start of the season has been hes downfall in the end. He has vastly improved to the team to actually scoring goals.

Pos Team        P  W  D  L   F  A  GD  Pts  1  Man Utd    38 28  5  5  83 27  56  89 (C)========================================= 2  Chelsea    38 24 11  3  64 24  40  83 3  Liverpool  38 20  8 10  57 27  30  68 4  Arsenal    38 19 11  8  63 35  28  68 ========================================= 5  Spurs      38 17  9 12  57 54   3  60   6  Everton    38 15 13 10  52 36  16  58 7  Bolton     38 16  8 14  47 52  -5  56========================================= 8  Reading    38 16  7 15  52 47   5  55 9  P'tsmouth  38 14 12 12  45 42   3  5410  Blackburn  38 15  7 16  52 54  -2  5211  A. Villa   38 11 17 10  43 41   2  5012  M'brough   38 12 10 16  44 49  -5  4613  Newcastle  38 11 10 17  38 47  -9  4314  Man City   38 11  9 18  29 44 -15  4215  West Ham   38 12  5 21  35 59 -24  4116  Fulham     38  8 15 15  38 60 -22  3917  Wigan      38 10  8 20  37 59 -22  38=========================================18  Sheff Utd  38 10  8 20  32 55 -23  38(R)19  Charlton   38  8 10 20  34 60 -26  34(R)20  Watford    38  5 13 20  29 59 -30  28(R

city this season have scored 1 less goal at home than they did for total goals last season.

they may finish more than 5 places higher than they did last season, yet i read today that scolari

has all but been appointed manager in succesion of the sven! thats god awful.

I could see most of the stuff happening that you said highway star except for the positions of everton finishing 8th and liverpool beating arsenal. Liverpool lack the team work and quality to finish above arsenal and everton have too much quality in their squad to finish 8th!

I agree with bolton tho, any team that buys all of villas rejects eventually goes into free fall i.e middlesbrough, bolton, birmingham city xD.