By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Ghostbusters gimped because of 360 limitations?

No way BBsin....I see sunshine and flowers where this thread is going. Y'know, sunshine and flowers within the humongous shit storm that is a fanboy flame war. Flowers made from the tears of casuals with the bleak sunlight coming from the only opening out of the bowels of Hell that this thread will be cast into. But still Flowers and Sunshine.

OT: who cares though, I mean it sounds like they're talking solely about audio quality. No big whoop.

Around the Network
Hapimeses said:

What does everyone think of this?

Linkage to Ghostbuster developer musings

Videogaming247 have a bunch of little articles much like this, talking of platform unique dlc and the like, but this snippet stood out for me.  It seems to be a pretty big step for developers to be openly talking of 360 limitations dragging back the features of their games; to me, at least. Is it solely because Sony own the original IP (even though the rights have been entirely sold, afaik), or are we beginning to see a shift in how the 360 is being presented to the press by game deveopers?

And sorry if someone else posted this, but I've not spotted it with a quick browse about the discussion board.

there is a live podcast i think dome by 1up on youtube, where microsoft askes developers to dumb down games because of limitation on dvd and hdd space. i think this will contuniue because the 360 has a 6million install base lead.

if, and im sure the ps3 will. spread forward in full steam and rocket past the 360, the issues with the hdd and dvd will be very severe.

for example if ps3 is 10million units ahead, and a multiplatform game is being released, they wont make the game according to dvd and hdd space limitations, this could be a problem for microsoft.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

LOL@ Torillian xD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

So now it's Nintendo AND Microsoft hurting the games industry.

That's true Chrono, but there are still too many 360's out there for most developers to go PS3 exclusive simply because of these limitations. I figure on low budget Multiplat we'll start seeing the 360 hold back the PS3 a little bit, and with big budget we'll see the PS3 being noticeably better version. This is as time goes on though and could be a while.

Around the Network

@Benga, well we always knew Nintendo was ruining the gaming industry ;) Microsoft shouldn't have entered the console business to begin with, SONY DOMINATION 4 EVER, DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS.

(cmon flame wars!!!!)

Interesting, as someone above mentioned, PS3 exclusives such as Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Resistance have a lot more going on at once than any 360 game I've played. This thread shall grow fast, methinks......

I thought the developers have two teams for the game - one for 360 and another for PS3.
If PS3 games can be made better then the developers should make it as such.
I don't have a PS3 but if this article is true, it is not fair for PS3 owners.
Make the games different - I wouldn't mind.

Meh, so the 360 can be a liability to some PS3 games... Who cares? Is this the part where I start squawking about how the PS2 held back so many Xbox games?

Non-issue. Both machines have their own problems and it's not as if the PS3 is miles ahead of the 360 (in fact, I still have reservations whether the gap between the two is even as large as it was between the Xbox/GC vs. PS2).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

@Rocket, I think the PS3 has a ton more "potential" but I have no clue when they're going to be able to tap into that lol. The 360 is still awesome for the fact that it's a breeze to program for. I love Sony to death and I think the PS3 is a fabulous machine, but man did they mess that up xD.

So for as easy as it is to get a great looking and playing game on the 360 I'd consider the hardware superiority negligible at this point.