By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Ghostbusters gimped because of 360 limitations?

fastyxx said:
A. Of all the games to have a concern about.....does anyone really care about Ghostbusters?

B. That's what they said about GTA and it's getting 10's everywhere on both platforms. Think of it like writing a five-page paper. You want to get as much as you can across in those five pages, but that's all you get. A strong writer will carefully choose what to leave in and what to edit out in order to maximize the effect he can achieve given the limited size. And it'll be a stronger paper if he can write in five pages as opposed to covering the same content in an unfocused 6 or 7.

Developers can keep the best stuff and boot the rest. There's been more than adequate sound and graphics and the 360 platform. I don't hear anyone going, "Well, if COD 4 only had another core, we could really have some fun."

If devs want better hardware they should make some or only plan for one platform. Otherwise shut up and develop for what's out there. I hate this damn PC I'm working on here at the office. It sucks and really does limit my production at times. But that's what I have to work on, and so that's that.

You'd be much more productive with your compuyet if you didn't spend time on here. ;)

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
I'm waiting for twesterm's reponse.

Not sure what you what me to say. The game is being made specifically for both the 360 and PS3 so neither version is actually gimped unless you can call something like GTAIV gimped even though it's getting perfect scores.

Besides, I really don't think you need to be too worried since from various impressions posted today you know that the 360 and PS3 both can simulate 1500+ individual AI actors indepentantly walking and path finding and thousands of physics objects all simulating without any frame rate hits.

-edit-

And don't bother pushing for too much more from me because I'm not gonna say anything other than what has already been pointed out in other articles.  :-p 

BengaBenga said:
Coca-Cola said:
I thought the developers have two teams for the game - one for 360 and another for PS3.
If PS3 games can be made better then the developers should make it as such.
I don't have a PS3 but if this article is true, it is not fair for PS3 owners.
Make the games different - I wouldn't mind.

The problem with the current PS3 install base is that it not very economical to make a game specifically for PS3, unless it's really big like MGS that sells anyway.
Making it for PS3 and 360 combined is of course much more efficient, as the combined userbase is around 30 million.

Furthermore I'd like to agree with rocketpig that last generation all games were made for PS2, so Xbox and GC (which were significantly stronger than PS2) received games that didn't max that consoles.

In order to get most out of PS3 devs have to start making exclusives, but that will only be done if PS3 sells significantly more than 360. Until then it's lucrative to make a game for both systems at the same time.

I hate this logic because the only answer to it is an endless circle of "What should I do?"

If the PS3 doesn't sell significantly more, then exclusives won't come. But how will it sell unless it has exclusives?

Consumers eyes: No exclusives -> no sales, but from 3rd party eyes no sales -> no exlcusives. It's a lose-lose. The only thing you can do is take a risk, make an exclusive for the platform, and if the game is great, it will move tons of hardware, which in turn increases the userbase which the game sells too.

Looking forward to the game, Twesterm. Either way, I win. I get the game and enjoy it or I get the game and heckle you endlessly about it.

Good times! :D

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Ghostbusters, gives me a Dan Aykroyd flashback (the good kind!).