By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Ghostbusters gimped because of 360 limitations?

What does everyone think of this?

Linkage to Ghostbuster developer musings

Videogaming247 have a bunch of little articles much like this, talking of platform unique dlc and the like, but this snippet stood out for me.  It seems to be a pretty big step for developers to be openly talking of 360 limitations dragging back the features of their games; to me, at least. Is it solely because Sony own the original IP (even though the rights have been entirely sold, afaik), or are we beginning to see a shift in how the 360 is being presented to the press by game deveopers?

And sorry if someone else posted this, but I've not spotted it with a quick browse about the discussion board.

Around the Network

Oh god.

I tend to believe with future multi platform games,that the 360 does hold back the PS3 in terms of the sheer scope of the games and what can be accomplished.

"MR : For example, we’ve reserved one whole processor on the PS3 for Dolby Digital 5.1 sound whereas on the 360 you have part of one processor to do that. So we can have a lot better sound mixing and a lot more effects going on at the same time. That kinds of makes us do a little bit less in the game [360] but makes for better audio. If we’re doing a PS3 only game however, we could be doing a lot more. We could be pushing a lot more on the screen."

THANK YOU... someone actually know how to use the power of Multi-Core CELL.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

As for Sony owning the rights to the IP, I knew I'd read it was sold somewhere. After a quick search, this is what I came up with:

Paramount buy Ghostbusters, allowing for the game to be made

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
"MR : For example, we’ve reserved one whole processor on the PS3 for Dolby Digital 5.1 sound whereas on the 360 you have part of one processor to do that. So we can have a lot better sound mixing and a lot more effects going on at the same time. That kinds of makes us do a little bit less in the game [360] but makes for better audio. If we’re doing a PS3 only game however, we could be doing a lot more. We could be pushing a lot more on the screen."

THANK YOU... someone actually know how to use the power of Multi-Core CELL.

That seems to be the main difference, as of the moment, between 360 and PS3 exclusives. Games like Resistance and Ratchet and Clank had a lot more things going on on-screen than any 360 title.

I figured I'd take a look about to see if this is an isolated occurance. However, it seems other developers are also coming forward claiming the PS3 is more powerful, which seems contrary to much I've read from third party developers this last year. Here is another very recent example:

Mercs2 better on PS3? 

Is this truly a change in general developer opinion of the PS3, or are these isolated occurances?

Everybody knew this but the 360 apologists on this site and others still love to live in denial. Anyway good for the PS3, finally devs are getting smart.

This thread isn't going to end well...

Lies BBsin, this thread is going to be amazing!

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.