By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why are 360 owners not upset about getting an incomplete version of GTA4?

I was under the impression that an optional install could be done on the 360.

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:

i think this is really unfair to people who paid more and got the 360 with the HDD.they deserve to have the option i think

If the pop-in are as bad as this gif,it will really effect the gaming experience. (so installed could ahve helped tons)

i doubt there as bad as that gif

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Its these laughable claims like the OT that start all of this. If you dont think the DLC brings a more complete experience then all power to you and please enjoy your 'technically superior' PS3 version. Just dont come crying when the DLC turns out to be massive. If it doesnt then both versions are roughly equal (although if I really wanted to argue, there are so many more reasons I would get the 360 version).

A lot of 360 die hard fans are incapable of letting it go. Of course by the logic that the as of yet undefined DLC somehow makes the 360 version more complete, then Rockstar is releasing an "incomplete" game by not including the DLC with the purchase of the game and/or by not having that content available when the game hits shelves. Faulty reasoning? Of course. Will it stop this type of faulty reasoning? Of course not.

The lack of DLC on the the 360 as the game is being released (can you buy/download it when the game is released? No: it's not even finished), and until the content is available for purchase makes the game no less complete than the lack of an HDD install option. Would the install option be preferable if it reduced texture or landscape pop in? Probably only to those making direct comparisons with the PS3 version.

Pop up is nothing new to either console. Gears of War, Mass Effect, Unreal Tournament III and Uncharted all had some pretty noticeable texture pop ins.

starcraft said:
SpartanFX said:
@starcraft you really sound like a broken record,,,I read the same nonsense you just typed above more than 3billion times.I am starting to believe that you don't even enjoy games that much,,,you just want to argue

Read my tag courtesy of Fksumot

woww,that's a hollow  conversation then.have you hear the expression: less talk and more action?

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
NJ5 said:
Faxanadu said:
@mods: please ban this guy for trolling. Thank you in advance.

Shit like this is only meant to get into a fight.

I agree that the title was a bit trollish, but speaking as a 360 owner, I think the core question is actually relevant. I was thinking about the same thing yesterday.

Yea, I didn't like the title, but there was no way to say it in a short sentence, and doing the ... thing and saying it in the body is against the rules here.

So, if a game has a perceived performance problem or is built in such a way that it has longer load delays, then it is "incomplete"?  My guess is this is payback for all the threads that say the PS3 version is "incomplete" because it will not have some of the 360 DLC.  Either that or you just wanted to add a hook to pull people in.

No person could reasonably be expected to anticipate the subject of your post from the title.  Wouldn't "Why doesn't GTA4 360 have the performance features of GTA4 PS3?" have worked?

I wish MS/R* would just tell us what the DLC is, so this 'complete' and 'incomplete' garbage can end.

brute said:
SpartanFX said:

i think this is really unfair to people who paid more and got the 360 with the HDD.they deserve to have the option i think

If the pop-in are as bad as this gif,it will really effect the gaming experience. (so installed could ahve helped tons)

i doubt there as bad as that gif

Yeah because that could be a dealbreaker to some on the fence about which version to purchase.

It's Efram the Retarded Rabbit reasoning.

HDD install is not even a performance feature as though this is some sort of premium feature. Sure it makes textures and data loads spool faster, but unless its absence noticeably hinders game play, it's not a big issue. A lot of major releases on both the PS3 and 360 have texture pop in issues.

Should the option have been included for the 360 version? I'm sure it would have helped, not that I'd personally want to do a 3-4GB install on my little 20GB HDD. As for why they didn't, anyone's guess is as good as anyone else's.

starcraft said:
I didn't say it makes the PS3 version weak.

I never mentioned in my post that you said that the ps3 version is weak. read my post properly. i said that the arguement that you are using is getting weak.

starcraft said:
I just said it makes the Xbox 360 more complete.  To quote a Rockstar spokesman, the "complete experience" is Xbox 360 exclusivs.

you have never said in your past arguements that it makes the 360 version 'more complete'. you have just said that the 360 version is the complete version, when it isn't. they both have the complete version of the game, because the ps3 version can get dlc if rockstar wanted to make it. it's just apparent that microsft paid for exclusive dlc. i can't stress this enough, the dlc is extra content. it is not needed. it's bonus that is a very big advantage for people purchasing the 360 version. but be sensible and at least realise that it DOES NOT 'complete' the game.