By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why are 360 owners not upset about getting an incomplete version of GTA4?

Can that person pass over the popcorn?

*looks at doats and starcraft*

Around the Network

They are implying that it's "huge." As in a new island. Gross exaggerations seem to be along the lines of "it will be as big as GTA: San Andreas" Last since I checked, San Andreas took a little longer than 10-15 hours to play through.

It's not going to be horse armor. I'd be willing to bet $60 on that much anyway. I guess the question is whether it will be worth the extra $15-30 they'll be charging in the Fall when it's released. Even for $30, I would not bet on it being a "new game."

And yes, it is weird. You can't even reason that there is no install option for the 360 because "not all 360 owners have a HDD" and that providing an install option would provide two different experiences for those who do and those who don't. Because if anyone uses that line of reasoning, then there will be two separate experiences available anyway since no Arcade/Core owners will be able to play the DLC unless they buy a HDD.

This game just needs to hurry up and come out so people can shut up already. Is getting EXACT scores on BOTH systems LOL. Man I really need to go back to posting articles so these stupid ass threads stop being posted. Seriously I don't have the time currently to post stuff and when I get a chance to come here is full STUPID ASS threads usually multiple versions of the same shit. Sorry for the language but I enjoy coming here but lately it has gone down the crapper. STOP posting retarted threads please!!!

Can anyone list a few titles that have optional installs? I don't think it's common practice.

SpartanFX said:

i think this is really unfair to people who paid more and got the 360 with the HDD.they deserve to have the option i think

If the pop-in are as bad as this gif,it will really effect the gaming experience. (so installed could ahve helped tons)

Is this real? Is this the final version?

I am SuperLloyd!

(Im)patiently awaiting the Dawn of the New World!

Around the Network

The 360 owners who do not pay extra for Live are getting the incomplete version.

So what do you win if your prefered console sells more than another?

Dead, gotta love the spin. So the PS3 version scores a perfect 10 vs. the 360 version scoring a 9.93. Big deal. Most games I play on the 360 have updates - guess what - why can't the game be updated to allow caching from the HD? And being incomplete? What a stretch ... let's see - Mr.Mafoo - 360 version 'incomplete' vs. R* employee 'The complete version is on the 360 ...'

So what if there's some pop-in, pop-ups, pop-offs and pop-tarts. If it was soooooo bad, why are the scores nearly identical? Yeah, the PS3 owners can bask in the .7 score afterglow and play until they get numb, but I'd rather suffer a pop-tart here and there and get the DLCs - more than one, right - on my 360.

Didn't this same argument come about via DMC4?

Regardless, give the PS3 it's props - the mandatory hard drive delivered a minute victory. However, as my PS3 waits for exclusive games, I'm snagging my preorder for the 360 on Tuesday.

Great, this thread has turned to the usual ofttopic fanboy discussions.

Can we actually discuss the topic at hand?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

SuperLloyd said:

SpartanFX said:

i think this is really unfair to people who paid more and got the 360 with the HDD.they deserve to have the option i think

If the pop-in are as bad as this gif,it will really effect the gaming experience. (so installed could ahve helped tons)

Is this real? Is this the final version?

No one has produced any evidence that this is real, from the final build, from a particular platform, or even from GTAIV.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

It's becoming a disturbingly common trend for the PS3. I was planning on upgrading my HDD eventually so I could store more media on it (although remote access or access through external USB HDD works just as well for me), but I may have to just to accommodate the game installs since I buy a lot of PS3 games.