By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why are 360 owners not upset about getting an incomplete version of GTA4?

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:
SuperLloyd said:

SpartanFX said:

i think this is really unfair to people who paid more and got the 360 with the HDD.they deserve to have the option i think

If the pop-in are as bad as this gif,it will really effect the gaming experience. (so installed could ahve helped tons)

Is this real? Is this the final version?

No one has produced any evidence that this is real, from the final build, from a particular platform, or even from GTAIV.

No one has produced evidence otherwise.

I dare someone to find definitive evidence that the Wii couldn't handle GTAIV in it's current form.

Go on.

DO IT! 

Lulz.

Starcraft, you have too much win.

Around the Network

Is the Mass Effect DLC that great? I haven't even finished the game yet, but if they use it to link Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, I may download it when I finally finish the game.

Re: the pop up gif animation. If it were that bad it would have undoubtedly been addressed in all the 360 reviews. Seeing as how it wasn't mentioned as a game breaker, I'd say the gif does not reflect the final build of the 360 version.

DMeisterJ said:

Was the fifty mil *only* for DLC?

You yourself has said that it was a loan, and must be paid back, right?

Yes, and wasn't it you partaking in a thread 'thanking' MS for saving Take Two and therefore GTAIV?

Hell of a lot of bargaining power don't you think? 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

greenmedic88 said:
Is the Mass Effect DLC that great? I haven't even finished the game yet, but if they use it to link Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, I may download it when I finally finish the game.

Re: the pop up gif animation. If it were that bad it would have undoubtedly been addressed in all the 360 reviews. Seeing as how it wasn't mentioned as a game breaker, I'd say the gif does not reflect the final build of the 360 version.

THIS POST HAS NO SPOILERS!!!

The Mass Effect DLC was really fun.  IT is used to show you a race of aliens that you otherwise don't see in the game.

However, you do hear about them, and are given the impression that you will come to blows with them as the trilogy progresses. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:

Was the fifty mil *only* for DLC?

You yourself has said that it was a loan, and must be paid back, right?

Yes, and wasn't it you partaking in a thread 'thanking' MS for saving Take Two and therefore GTAIV?

Hell of a lot of bargaining power don't you think? 

I never proclaimed that as fact, that was simply speculation.

Lot of bargaining power?  not really.

Around the Network

I don't care much for GTA4 in particular, but it's the principle that is interesting. DLC lengthens a game, and if you really like a game you will want it.

Like I wanted all the DLC for Oblivion (except a couple small ones, like horse armor).

Yes, the DLC will come later and cost a little extra, but so does the Director's cut for a DVD.

Yojimbo said:
How much difference will the install make? Still they could have made optional install.

My suspicision is that an optional install (for either the 360 or PS3) would create another fork in development that would have to be tested seperately.  That would increase development costs, and quite probably delay the release.

Just a guess though... 

doesnt the 360 version also not have split-screen multiplayer? i heard it doesnt.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
doesnt the 360 version also not have split-screen multiplayer? i heard it doesnt.

LOL neither does the PS3 version.  Guess if the same stuff keeps being repeated over and over again on these forums it becomes gospel.

This DLC stuff is talked about and repeated again and again... I wonder how many people will actually pay around $30 (a very approximate price for an expansion, taking Shivering Isles for Oblivion as example) and considering not everyone buying the game has HDD/XBL Gold or cares for expansions (or even knows about it at this moment).