By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why are 360 owners not upset about getting an incomplete version of GTA4?

Lets conject and compare exclusive GTA4 360 DLC with current Elder Scrolls Oblivion expansions.

If the DLC was:

Like the first expansion i.e. Horse armour, new dagger, new buying areas that only add very little, etc. then this is fail IMO. It added 1-2 hours extra and was only just about worth the asking price.

Like the second expansion Knights of the Nine i.e. opens a whole new side quest line, good loot, bosses, story development, this is win for me. It added 4-5 hours extra, very worth it and it doesnt complete the full version of Oblivion, but it very much extended the experience.

Like the third expansion Shivering Isles i.e. opens a whole new world through a portal, several quest lines, fantastic loot, new environments, many new enemies and bosses, story development, this will be an absolute must-buy. It added 18-20 hours extra. I can safely say that those who didnt play Shivering Isles did not complete the FULL experience of Oblivion.

The fact the Rockstar already said this will be 'episodic' and will add around 10 hours, shows this is somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd, which already makes it quite safe to say this will be significant content.

Around the Network

^Well, I played over 100 hours of Oblivion and didn't care for Shivering Isles. I guess I didn't complete the "FULL experience of Oblivion" booo-hoooo :'( ... bah.

Significant or not, I'm skeptical for the reasons I stated above.

@magni

You are right that people may be priced out if its $30. Keep in mind though that you dont need XBL gold to download DLC.

I'm not upset about getting an incomplete version of the game because...it isn't. Seriously lol I know the version im getting on the 360 is as good as the ps3 version except for slight and i say SLIGHT differences...

NJ5 said:
Great, this thread has turned to the usual ofttopic fanboy discussions.

Can we actually discuss the topic at hand?

Yea, my fault. I should not have used the word "incomplete". I should have used the word "unfinished". I didn’t want to use unfinished, because I think GTA4 for the 360 is exactly what they expected to deliver, so it’s finished. I think not including an option to improve game performance, when there is no technical reason not to, and something they obviously have done on another console, is leaving a feature out. Thus, incomplete.

While I think the word is accurate, it does incite fanboy comments, and for that I apologize.

Around the Network

Probably the guys who buy Special Limited Editions (really hardcore fans of the series) will definitely buy this DLC at any cost. I guess we could take the sales of the limited edition version as a good reference.

TheRealMafoo said:
NJ5 said:
Great, this thread has turned to the usual ofttopic fanboy discussions.

Can we actually discuss the topic at hand?

Yea, my fault. I should not have used the word "incomplete". I should have used the word "unfinished". I didn’t want to use unfinished, because I think GTA4 for the 360 is exactly what they expected to deliver, so it’s finished. I think not including an option to improve game performance, when there is no technical reason not to, and something they obviously have done on another console, is leaving a feature out. Thus, incomplete.

While I think the word is accurate, it does incite fanboy comments, and for that I apologize.

Well it is neither incomplete nor unfinished, if you say that then you can say that both versions are incomplate as they both have technical issues...Most games do...

What you  should have said is "why are 360 owners not upset about not being able to pre-install GTAIV?"

And i'm not really that bothered, because both versions are near-identical.  

lol do we really believe that their is a SIGNIFICANT difference between both version.... people that say they had the 360 for DLC ordered and now went for a PS3... are IMO complete morons influenced by the media and people.... like there will be any significant difference, worth spending more money total for the experience.... so they'll buy 60 once + 20 later (and that will be far after the first DLC) + price of DLC X2
instead of DLC X2 + 60
and without saying that if you were interested by XBL capabilities you'll be missing out.....

first GTA is certainly not a game known for it's graphic quality anyway... pop in and aliasing and frame rate drop will be present on both what so ever.... hell it's even not that good on PC... so people are ready to pay to stay with the issues not really better graphics and buy the game again later on a nother platform... and I thought I was the one spending money in a stupid way..... but that kind of reasoning my friends is bordering to girlishness doing shopping..... what a helll stick to the version you had in mind for the reason you had in mind... trust me the change for (better) "good" graphics on GTA is not worth it at all....

well do what ever you want but you'll just be waisting more money than the other nothing more nothing less....

heh most of u guys in here are like a hungry baby, crying for some milk or a speed addict looking for a fix. Cheer up, you have less than 24hrs until u sink that needle full of GTA goodness in your arm until all u babies can STFU!!

GO PLAY SUMTHIN' ELSE!!!!

I have yet to notice the difference between an install game on PS3 and playing on my 360, really. The reviews for these games have been so good, I'm not sure why anyone's fretting about either one.

Is the pop-in worse than not being able to easily jump in and out of friends' games online? Kotaku actually suggests that elements of the graphics are actually superior on the 360 version.

I think people are WAY overstating the importance of differences between the games. There are statistically very few people that are really debating about which console to get based on this game, and there are statistically few people that have PS3 and 360. It really is a non-issue other than for flame wars.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?