By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why are 360 owners not upset about getting an incomplete version of GTA4?

I don't see how 360 owners are getting an "incomplete" version of GTAIV because they don't have a mandatory install (mind you, it's not like you have the option on the PS3 version either).

Do I agree there should be an option, since the 360 could handle it? Yes.

But just because that option doesn't exist, means the 360 owners are getting some gimped version - we are getting the extra content afterall. Which, to me, would mean we're still getting the "complete" version, just without an extra option that not everyone could take advantage of.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
I wish MS/R* would just tell us what the DLC is, so this 'complete' and 'incomplete' garbage can end.

They can't because it's not done yet; there aren't any clear reports as to how far along that exclusive content is in the development pipeline. Advertising it now would be akin to pushing vaporware, not that it won't be ready to roll this Fall. 

I've already ordered the PS3 version since most reports say it runs smoother. Not to mention the PS3 hardware I'll be playing the game on runs smoother as well, not that I've had any hardware problems with my 360 yet (knock on wood).  

While I can't see myself caring about the 360 DLC by Fall since I'll probably have stopped playing the game by then in favor of the grocery list of good new games being released, if the content is so unbelievably fantastic beyond anyone's wildest dreams to the point that it makes people cry tears of joy and happiness for having a 360, I'll just buy a used or discounted copy of the 360 version. But somehow, I don't see this happening.  

I thought it was the opposite... that PS3 owners would be angry with not getting the DLC...

Wrong.

PS3 owners only get the incomplete theatre version of GTA4.

It's the X360 owners who get the complete game (DLC) - the Director's cut of GTA4.

Again, faulty reasoning.

There is no DLC available when 360 owners pick up their copy of GTAIV tomorrow. And it won't be available until some time during the Fall.

By that line of reasoning, all 360 owners are getting an "incomplete" game until they buy the extra content in the Fall when it's available.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
I don't see how 360 owners are getting an "incomplete" version of GTAIV because they don't have a mandatory install (mind you, it's not like you have the option on the PS3 version either).

Do I agree there should be an option, since the 360 could handle it? Yes.

But just because that option doesn't exist, means the 360 owners are getting some gimped version - we are getting the extra content afterall. Which, to me, would mean we're still getting the "complete" version, just without an extra option that not everyone could take advantage of.

Which makes it all the weirder.

You can install content but not data?

Why not have an optional install?

@ greenmedic88

It doesn't have to be done, just say if it's missions, Horse Armor, or a new game.

DOATS1 said:
starcraft said:
I didn't say it makes the PS3 version weak.

I never mentioned in my post that you said that the ps3 version is weak. read my post properly. i said that the arguement that you are using is getting weak.

starcraft said:
I just said it makes the Xbox 360 more complete. To quote a Rockstar spokesman, the "complete experience" is Xbox 360 exclusivs.

you have never said in your past arguements that it makes the 360 version 'more complete'. you have just said that the 360 version is the complete version, when it isn't. they both have the complete version of the game, because the ps3 version can get dlc if rockstar wanted to make it. it's just apparent that microsft paid for exclusive dlc. i can't stress this enough, the dlc is extra content. it is not needed. it's bonus that is a very big advantage for people purchasing the 360 version. but be sensible and at least realise that it DOES NOT 'complete' the game.

Actually I don't believe I've said that the Xbox 360 has the complete version.  What I regularly do is quote Rockstar, who were adamant that only the Xbox 360 has the "complete GTAIV experience."  There is a difference, please stop twisting my words.

As for your first point, I apologize for misreading.  However, just as I did not say the PS3 version was weak, I didn't say it was gimped either. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Slimebeast said:

Wrong.

It's the X360 owners who get the complete game (DLC) - the Director's cut of GTA4.

*slaps forehead*

jeez...

i've got to hand it to micrsoft's pr. they made it seem as if this dlc makes this game complete. even though most games these days get dlc all the time...

you do realise that the ps3 version is capable of using dlc too?

The only reaosn PS3 needs HD install is because the 2X bluray drive is 3 times slower than the 12 times DVD DL drive. If PS3 did not have the install it would take 3 times as long to load as seen on games such as Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Anywho, once game comes out...and if its totally unplayable because of framerate and pop in issues, I will come back here and bitch about the 360 version. If not...you need to back off and let people enjoy their GTA4.

DOATS1 said:
Slimebeast said:

Wrong.

*slaps forehead*

jeez...

i've got to hand it to micrsoft's pr. they made it seem as if this dlc makes this game complete. even though most games these days get dlc all the time...

you do realise that the ps3 version is capable of using dlc too?

Of course the PS3 is capable of using DLC.  However, Microsoft paid for exclusive episodic content, which by all accounts will be significant and enhance/lengthen the game.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS