By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why are 360 owners not upset about getting an incomplete version of GTA4?

i think this is really unfair to people who paid more and got the 360 with the HDD.they deserve to have the option i think

If the pop-in are as bad as this gif,it will really effect the gaming experience. (so installed could ahve helped tons)

Around the Network
Squall_Leonhart said:
Stop trolling Starcraft... i know its difficult but do try :P
 thats not really a troll comment given the topic of "incomplete" that has been pointed out-----its ust a differnt opinio about what "incomplete" for this game should.....and i agree with him

I am not upset (very far from it actually) because Im getting the more complete version of GTA4. No install needed, play with friends on XBL, future DLC to extend my experience later. If I have an Arcade and I really want DLC, get a hard-drive, simple as.

SpartanFX said:

i think this is really unfair to people who paid more and got the 360 with the HDD.they deserve to have the option i think

If the pop-in are as bad as this gif,it will really effect the gaming experience. (so installed could ahve helped tons)

Fugly!

starcraft said:
Incomplete?

Core game + DLC = Complete game

Core game + ...... = ..............

although i think the OP of this thread is living in a dreamland when he says that the 360 version is incomplete because of lack of hdd install. i still to this day, fail how the episodic dlc makes the game complete. especially when you will have to pay for this extra content. it is just an extension to the already complete game.

the game comes complete on the disc on BOTH versions. no version is incomplete. the dlc is optional, it's not needed to complete  the game, you are not forced to download it if you want to experience the full gta story. you don't even know what the episodic content is and you're claiming that it makes the game complete.

i don't get it. using the dlc as an arguement to say that the ps3 version is gimped is getting weak now. when the reviewers reviewed the game, did they review it based on the dlc? no, so it's clear that the dlc has no significance with the original story on the disc. i agree that the dlc gives a more complete experience of the game. but so does the halo 3 map packs. are they needed to complete the game? no.

please, just give it a rest now.

Around the Network
DOATS1 said:
starcraft said:
Incomplete?

although i think the OP of this thread is living in a dreamland when he says that the 360 version is incomplete because of lack of hdd install. i still to this day, fail how the episodic dlc makes the game complete. especially when you will have to pay for this extra content. it is just an extension to the already complete game.

the game comes complete on the disc on BOTH versions. no version is incomplete. the dlc is optional, it's not needed to complete the game, you are not forced to download it if you want to experience the full gta story. you don't even know what the episodic content is and you're claiming that it makes the game complete.

i don't get it. using the dlc as an arguement to say that the ps3 version is gimped is getting weak now. when the reviewers reviewed the game, did they review it based on the dlc? no, so it's clear that the dlc has no significance with the original story on the disc. i agree that the dlc gives a more complete experience of the game. but so does the halo 3 map packs. are they needed to complete the game? no.

QFMFT

So what do you win if your prefered console sells more than another?

DOATS1 said:
starcraft said:
Incomplete?

the game comes complete on the disc on BOTH versions. no version is incomplete. the dlc is optional, it's not needed to complete the game, you are not forced to download it if you want to experience the full gta story. you don't even know what the episodic content is and you're claiming that it makes the game complete.

i don't get it. using the dlc as an arguement to say that the ps3 version is gimped is getting weak now. when the reviewers reviewed the game, did they review it based on the dlc? no, so it's clear that the dlc has no significance with the original story on the disc. i agree that the dlc gives a more complete experience of the game. but so does the halo 3 map packs. are they needed to complete the game? no.

I didn't say it makes the PS3 version weak.  I just said it makes the Xbox 360 more complete.  To quote a Rockstar spokesman, the "complete experience" is Xbox 360 exclusivs.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

@starcraft you really sound like a broken record,,,I read the same nonsense you just typed above more than 3billion times.I am starting to believe that you don't even enjoy games that much,,,you just want to argue

SpartanFX said:
@starcraft you really sound like a broken record,,,I read the same nonsense you just typed above more than 3billion times.I am starting to believe that you don't even enjoy games that much,,,you just want to argue

Read my tag courtesy of Fksumot

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Can someone pass the popcorn?