By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So is Sony running an advertisement compaign for GTA IV on PS3.?

I'm in the US, and last night I saw the GTA4 commercial. Only showed the PS3 logo on it, no mention of the 360 version.

Around the Network
LetsAllMakeBelieve said:
Sony dont need to advertise GTA4, everyone knows its on there console and everyone knows the PS3 version will be the best. Why advertise something you already know.

You're combining one of the most stupid statements ever with 360 bashing, all in one sentence in your 17th post. Well done.

To enlighten you: GTA sells mainly to casuals (or how else did you think a game could sell 15 million +) who don't have a clue which console has the best version. Without advertising these people wouldn't even know the game was coming, since they're not on game-sites and don't read game magazines.
All they know is that they loved it on PS2 and for all they care 360 is the new PS2.

In the UK, I've not seen any ads for either, 360 or PS3 and none from R* either. (ignoring online ads of course).

But then I have seen in GAME shop windows a big poster of PS3+GTA4 bundles...

Hmm, pie.

In America, I have seen:

1) Rockstar funded adds showing the PS3 and 360 versions of the game in various media.
2) MS funded TV adds showing the 360 version of the game exclusively.
3) Sony funded print/in store ads showing the PS3 version of the game.

In short, it looks to me like Sony got the rights to print/alternative media, MS got the sacred TV cow, and Rockstar is doing a little bit of everything because they have no contractual obligations to themselves.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

no but really tho, some people am realy thik. for example i was on youtube looking at a mgo video and someone stated that GTA4 was x-box 360 exclusive. i just had to tell them they where pulling it from out there ass.

p.s i have not seen one ps3 GTA4 advertisement on the tv. but i have seen lots of 360's. i live in the uk

Around the Network

One thing's for sure, the claims that this game would get as much (or more) publicity as Halo 3 turned out to be bullshit.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I've only seen the gamestop television ads here in the US.  But I don't really watch much TV.

I have only seen the 360 commercials here in the states, but the funny thing is a couple of people that work with me said they wanted to go to the midnight launch with me. They want to get the game for their PS2 because they said it's the same as a PS3 it just can't play blu-ray. You should have seen their faces when I told them it was only for 360 & PS3. To me that means that the advertising isn't really working.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Sony seems to have advertised the game in magazines, physical objects versus TV

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Ive seen GTA commercials the past 2 days or so and honestly they have all ended with the ps3 logo.