By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So is Sony running an advertisement compaign for GTA IV on PS3.?

"In short, it looks to me like Sony got the rights to print/alternative media, MS got the sacred TV cow, and Rockstar is doing a little bit of everything because they have no contractual obligations to themselves."

This could be the exact reason Bodhesatva, good post.

Sony do tend not to advertise their first party games very heavily on the TV until at least a week or two after launch though. (Ratchet an Clank Uncharted etc.) So perahps we will see Sony GTAIV ads in a few weeks time, or maybe not at all.

Around the Network

You don't need to advertise grand theft auto on a Playstation. What little advertising they need is done by rockstar. Just think if Halo 4 was coming on to the PS3. They would advertise like crazy while Microsoft sits back an enjoys the free advertising.

This thread suggests that the bulk of sony's advertising money is being spent in its weaker region (US) and the bulk of microsoft's advertising money is being spent in it's weaker region (Europe)

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome

I've seen tons of GTA4 ads over the weekend and tonight, and they are advertising hard and heavy for the PS3 with it. The US may be the PS3's "weaker" market, but if those who haven't made the jump see that the PS3 is advertising it, the PS3 will be on ALOT of American's wishlists. And with the bundle in Europe, I still think that the PS3 will do quite well there.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Sorry guys but there has been some TV ads with the PS3 logo, Sony has advertisements on all media minus radio.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

I see 360 ads every 5 minutes, no PS3 ads.

mM

In the US I have never seen a 360 only GTA commercial

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

I've only seen ads with the 360 logo at the end.

Im watchin mtv (AKA Telivison for morons) Just for the commercials to see a couple gta commercials. I have yet to see one, somewhat surprising since it launches tonight.

Edit: I take that back, I saw a gta ad that was sponsered by rockstar so it showed both platforms.

I was watching wrestling tonight, (target demographics if you think about it) and saw GTA4 advertised on most if not all commercial breaks. Each and every one showing the PS3 logo only.

(Yes, this is the US)

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.