By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGO Beta: How is it?

At first I hated it, but I came round to it after a while. I don't particularly like online shooting games but this wasn't bad.

Around the Network
libellule said:
SPECIAL QUESTION to all :

(the only thing I (we) want to know)

Will u stil support this game, playing this game and accept his flaws IF the game was not called METAL GEAR online ?????????????????????????

thx

(with others words : biaised by the brand ?)

Totally, although I feel like the CQC is kind of clumsy.  It is deep, but close-combat fights can turn around in an instant even if you get the jump on someone.  Maybe I just suck at it, and they do seem more refined than they were in MGS3, but I feel like they are missing something.  I need to get good with the knife.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Lag is the most annoying thing I'm facing thus far. My room mate's router doesn't seem to do that well so I'll have to try it with the PS3 directly to the modem because it's been very difficult to kill people at times with a crazy delay on actually hitting them. I was standing next to an enemy and he was shooting away from me, but hitting me.

DMeisterJ said:

How is the beta? 

I want to know if MGO is really good or not.

How about this... pretty much didn't do anything else for the weekend. Put it 12 hours of play time with it.

Do you need a beta code? If so send me a PM. I have an extra NA code. 

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

akuma587 said:
libellule said:
SPECIAL QUESTION to all :

(the only thing I (we) want to know)

Will u stil support this game, playing this game and accept his flaws IF the game was not called METAL GEAR online ?????????????????????????

thx

(with others words : biaised by the brand ?)

Totally, although I feel like the CQC is kind of clumsy.  It is deep, but close-combat fights can turn around in an instant even if you get the jump on someone.  Maybe I just suck at it, and they do seem more refined than they were in MGS3, but I feel like they are missing something.  I need to get good with the knife.

CQC is no go for me too when there is lag. When there is not lag it works fine. Still I would like them to fix 2 things (besides the lag, of course):

1) Make the god damn shotgun work as supposed. I head shot someone with a shotgun at melee range and he gets knocked back and still alive? Come on, knock back is cool, but a close range head shot should kill him too.

2) Increase the CQC radius a little bit. The range seems fine but if you not looking straight at the dude it misses. I would like it to be 45 degrees or so. It seems to be about 15 degrees right now.

Around the Network

now that i've played it more i am really getting into it. just got submachine gun lv2

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I finally got assault rifle at level 2. It does seem to reload faster. I'm not good enough at shooting to notice the lessened recoil yet, though.

About when you get grabbed from CQC i just think you have to do it as fast as you can, doing like this i almost never got stunned and i was able to free my self with still a good amount of energy... what i do is i just put the controller vertically and with the palm of my left i put it on top of the analog and go in the direction as fast as i can... it seems to work :)
As of know i stunned about 60 people between putting them to sleep and using CQC in about 7 hours of gameplay... My abilities are:
Rifles: got the star so a third is missing to level 2
CQC: Star here too... but I'm not missing that much (when i get to level 2 i'll talk about the "advanced techniques" they say you unlock)
Guns: about halfway of level 1... don't use guns to much
The fast movements one: star and really close to level 2... want to see how fast you can really go more... I think (and hope) that your stamina will also get better.
Also if you want to become good at stealthing this ability is a must, if you tend to CQC a lot this ability will move faster than anything else because you will be running and rolling A LOT!

I heard of the new update and i'll talk about it later on on the new map and mode... which seems a hell of a lot of fun because if you are snake you are forced to be stealthy... lots of CQC leveling up on my way!

Edit: I have a question... when you level up guns... do you have to kill the enemy to earn expirience or do you just have to shoot them... because with CQC you don't have to stun the guy to gain EXP, the more you use it the more you level up... thanks in advance 

decels said:

About when you get grabbed from CQC i just think you have to do it as fast as you can, doing like this i almost never got stunned and i was able to free my self with still a good amount of energy... what i do is i just put the controller vertically and with the palm of my left i put it on top of the analog and go in the direction as fast as i can... it seems to work :)
As of know i stunned about 60 people between putting them to sleep and using CQC in about 7 hours of gameplay... My abilities are:
CQC: Star here too... but I'm not missing that much (when i get to level 2 i'll talk about the "advanced techniques" they say you unlock)
The fast movements one: star and really close to level 2... want to see how fast you can really go more... I think (and hope) that your stamina will also get better.
Also if you want to become good at stealthing this ability is a must, if you tend to CQC a lot this ability will move faster than anything else because you will be running and rolling A LOT!

I heard of the new update and i'll talk about it later on on the new map and mode... which seems a hell of a lot of fun because if you are snake you are forced to be stealthy... lots of CQC leveling up on my way!

Edit: I have a question... when you level up guns... do you have to kill the enemy to earn expirience or do you just have to shoot them... because with CQC you don't have to stun the guy to gain EXP, the more you use it the more you level up... thanks in advance

Actually the star means it leveled up already. You got level 2, now work on level 3 ;)

krik said:
decels said:

Actually the star means it leveled up already. You got level 2, now work on level 3 ;)

Are you sure? because when I go to abilities it tells me I have still a third to complete and when I am playing the abilities all show 1... and I haven't seen anything different since I got the star so im sure it's not level 2... I think it's just a way to say that you are close to completing the level