By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's with the bad (at least not as good) Mario Kart Wii reviews?

I don't see why?, people here say its one of the best Mario Kart ever, 82 on GR is not that bad thought, I just can't wait to get my copy next week

Around the Network

70-79 good
80-89 great
90-99 fantastic
100 masterful

low 80's is a great score, but the issues with the difficulty isn't that its hard it that it is cheap and is not about skill but luck

seriously the thing about the weapons takin you out of first place, i havent played mario kart wii but previous mario karts i also heard these complaints, not to sound to arrogant or whatever but you guys must suck because those items very rarely causes me to lose my first place lead when i was playin MK 64 or Double dash only thing cheating about MK64 was the unreal levels of speed the cpu would be going on the last lap, however i havent played Mario kart wii yet so i cant judge

I played GP for about 20 minutes last night after picking it up at a midnight launch. That's certainly not enough time to provide a fully informed opinion, but I can see right away where the complaints are coming from in regards to the weapons piling on the first place player on the third lap. They do gang up and will cause you to lose a rather significant lead... At times they come more than one at a time. My worst was Ink, Blue Turtle, and Pow pretty much all at the same time. I didn't lose the race as I was playing on 50CC and was waaaaaaay ahead, but I can see where that would irritate some folks. That said, this is a combat Kart game. If people don't want combat in their kart, get another game. It's not that big of a deal and you just know it's coming.

So far the graphics appear to be a fairly decent improvement over DD so that is good. Framerate is smooth and there are a lot more little things going on throughout each track.

All I can say is two thumbs up at the moment until I've play enough to form a solid opinion.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

I am getting this game in about 4 hours when the store opens so I can't get too in-depth, but I personally am thrilled to hear that they got rid of snaking. I didn't like it but you had to do it to keep up with other racers that did it so it was a necessary evil. I know some people did but I never liked snaking.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

If Gran Turismo 5 has super rubberband AI, and it doesn't lose points for it, then we can accuse the reviewers of bias against this game.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

psrock said:
how dare they give a good game an 8 and up, shame on them.

you speak the truth sir.

i think this thread is another example of people over thinking and taking things too personally. 

scores of 8 and up (which is mostly what the game is getting) is really good. with scores like those, it's obvious that the reviewers think that the game is very good and worth buying.

just cause not everyone gave the game a 10 doesn't mean they're haters or anything that simple minded. for most sites/mags, a score of 8+ is standard for "buy this game." so far, there have only been 2 scores below that.

so ease up, buy the game, and have fun (like i did).

ps. the game does have flaws, it's not a 10, get over it.

I think the thing is that HD games, that are acknowledged in reviews to also amount to more of the same, get higher scores. Halo 3, for one.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

dtewi said:
Asstard players who are incapable of...

Ah screw it. I already explained it for New Blood. If game too hard, game BAD!! IT MUST BE PUNSIHED!

Colony Wars, DMC3 and Ninja Gaiden would say otherwise. All very, very difficult and all very, very well recieved.

Phendrana said:
I've only seen 3 bad reviews. Edge and some other place gave it a 60. EGM gave it like a C+ average. Everything else was 80 or higher. I'm going to explode from anticipation if I can't find this at midnight.

Oh, bleu-ocelot, you're such a freaking troll and I hope you get banned.
 Most places consider 7 to be a good score.  From what I understand, Edge considers 6 a good game.  I didn't know about the EGM score, thanks. 

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org