By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's with the bad (at least not as good) Mario Kart Wii reviews?

I love the game. It has a great rating... who cares? Simply because one or two individuals, who happen to be reviewers, may have rated the way they did, does not mean there is some mass bias against difficult Wii games. I'm sure there were a few who rated Colony Wars:Vengeance slightly less than deserved for it's insane difficulty, but most acknowledged it as the great game it was.

Damn... I wonder if I could find my old copy of Colony wars =)

Around the Network

I think the game is fantastic. Its fun and is well put together. Even my 4yr old loves it. I'm glad I made it a day one purchase.

just compare it to the scores MK64 and Double Dash got and you'll see that it is actually reviewed more positive by many reviewers than those two games..

''Hadouken!''

CAL4M1TY said:

Another issue I have with the game is the unbalanced nature of the weapons, you could literally be miles ahead in first place, only to be hit by a succession of weapons and end up finishing 5th, even though your skill level indicates you should have finished 1st. It's quite frustrating being first place then being hit by the blue shell, the lighting cloud, the lightning, the Pow box, the squid and a few more other items, which ends up putting you in 6th place in the last half of the final lap.

All the more frustrating when you play competitively, on my first outing of online (I hadn't read the manual about the revised drift mechanic) so I didn't snake/drift at all in the race, I was coming 10th, only to have a string of lucky items which put me into 2nd place. My skill at the time obviously didn't warrant me getting 2nd, but the unbalanced nature of the game means Luck is almost always > skill.

You are noticing a small gap in skill being overcome by a nice bit of luck. The skill in Mario Kart has never been about snaking. Snaking is way too easy to master for the amount of extra speed you get. I crush my friends when we play Mario Kart and I have never snaked. Knowing the turns, knowing the karts, knowing the strengths of your character, and knowing how to use/defend against items is the true key to victory. If you think winning or losing is dependand on luck in any way then you suck at the game. Luck will only ever factor in when there is a race between two (or more) equally skilled players.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229