By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's with the bad (at least not as good) Mario Kart Wii reviews?

I've been checking out some MKWii reviews, & they haven't been very positive. For those who have it, do you also think Nintendo really dropped the ball for the Wii's Mario Kart?

Around the Network

Generally, most reviewers suck at the game and blame it on luck.

Mario Kart Wii is by far the best Mario Kart -or race game even- EVER.

I think those reviews are good for what the game is. low 80's for a Mario Kart game is ok, i'm one of those people that doesn't really get excited for games like these and SSBB.

I got the Edge magazine with the Mario Kart review which gave it a 6, which sounds bad, but from edge, that isn't that bad.

It's got an 82 average score. That's actually not that bad, imo. 8 and up is "good."

9 and up is "fantastic."

That's generally how it works. :P

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

If you've played the other Mario Kart games and aren't a Nintendo fanboy you'd understand why.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Btw, Toadette is in the game. That alone is enough to get the game. That the game is awesome as well, is just icing on the cake.

LOL. So true.

lol, polar opposites, Mario Kart is a party game & it's franchise - they could put potatoes and pies in the game
and it would still be awesome. Mario Kart is very random, the only bad thing about the last couple
were the snaking features, which I was subjected to when I went online on the DS version. =/

They could give it a 1, I don't care it's a Kart game.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Many reviewers just took out their frustrations of the Wii's 25 million-sold milestone and placed them on the game being released in US closest to GTA's release date that could only marginally (0.1%) affect GTA4 sales. They feel highly threatened by it and overly nitpick the game millions of Nintendo fans hold dear. But, you can take that with a grain of salt.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Asstard players who are incapable of...

Ah screw it. I already explained it for New Blood. If game too hard, game BAD!! IT MUST BE PUNSIHED!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

omg :o not everyone likes mario kart >:(
death to the bad reviewers!

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur