By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Konami says Silent Hill is impossible on Wii

Its always been Sony and MS fans hopes that the Wii would never shake its kiddy image, anything to spare them the full brunt of its commercial success.

Around the Network

Resident Evil 4 is really a bad example to see if the Wii has a Mature audience or not. The game has come out on the GameCube, PS2 and PC if you haven't played it by now your Never going to play it even with a Wii version. The only people who are going to play the Wii version on fans of the series. Now Manhunt 2, No More Heroes, Red Steel 2, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, and Project H.A.M.M.E.R. those are games to watch and see if their is a mature audience. You want to watch original new content not remakes. Right now its a serious wait and see, some of you developers relies that the Wii is a whole new ball game and you can't based anything on how the GameCube did. Then you have some people like those over at Konami who are basing their choices on how the GameCube did. EA relied this early when they decide to bring the Godfather over. And even Rockstar knows you can't base Wii sales on how the GameCube did and thats why they are putting a lot of effort into Manhunt 2. Just read up on Manhunt 2 you can see that Rockstar is putting alot of time into the game and defiantly making the Wii version the best of all three. I'm even willing to bet that its because of the uncertainty of the Wii that we have games that were announced a couple years back that have gone completely MIA. Resident Evil 5 being one of them. Resident Evil on the DS is also a bad example. The reason it didn't sell well wasn't based on the fact that it was a Mature game. It was because it really wasn't that good. And seriously how many times does Capcom think the RE fan base will replay the same game over and over again. At least with Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles it only uses the setting everything else is new.

Currently playing:
Wii: MySims | Xbox360: Halo3 / Pac-Man C.E | DS: Scurge | PSP: Ghost in the Shell

"Lesbians, Better then eMail."
~Lanky Man - My Big Fat Independent Movie

I'm rather mad that Manhunt 2 is being considered the test for all mature games for the Wii.  Manhunt's a niche game that doesn't appeal to the mainstream like GTA.  I'm predicting it will flop on the Wii, and do ok on PS2, if not just because of its huge userbase.  Give Wii gamers a rated M game like GTA, and it will sell much better...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Gballzack said:
Lol, I never knew Konami was so deep in Sony's pockets. Yeah, after all, Resident Evil and Man hunt are obviously kiddy crap games, you tell em Konami, lol. Oh well, Silent Hill games were pretty mediocre anyway, 2 was the best but after that it just got silly. This isn't really a big loss on Nintendo's part and its no surprise, just find it funny Konami would be so shameless in their Sony fanfare. Its like PSM wrote the article for them.

I agree with you, I can hardly believe the article. Maybe Sony is trying to entice with some kick-back like pharmaceutis do for doctors behind the scene lol .Still can't beleive Konami, there statement can be meant that only kiddy crap is on Wii and not hard core gamers, I have a PS3 and a wii, If I only had the wii i would consider myself a hardcore gamer as well. Hardcore, meaning the individual likes majority of the games,

Is there any way we can get an age medium to see the avg age of the wii owner/player, I just turned 31, I do not consider myself a kiddy gamer, I like the mario games, I like RE4, so where does that put me?

Think again Konami!!!! They are just upset because they chose the wrong system at launch to develop for!!lol

"I'm predicting it will flop on the Wii," same here but i dont think it will "flop" more like a lackluster, "about 1 mill world-wide type of game "ala red steel. but who knows? it could very well be one of the best 3rd party games for wii wii..

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

" I just turned 31, I do not consider myself a kiddy gamer, I like the mario games..." dude, i feel you...just cause a game is fun and isnt violent doesnt mean its kiddy..its just a lable

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Seriously...is it bad that my 20 year old friends and I actually enjoyed Mario Party?  Nothing wrong with "kiddy" games...they're more fun than shooters half the time.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

With the more mature titles pioneered by companies like Sony and MS has come a backlash in the gamer demographic of 13-21 year old males who want top of the line graphics, blood & gore and immediate gratification in gameplay, people who are more comfortable playing a game that is popular than a game that is fun, I call it the ADD/ADHD crowd. Its an unfortunate inevitability of exploring more mature games but its something I'm confident the Wii can fix by evolving into a multi-genre platform which the PS3 and 360 are incapable of. And if the ADD/ADHD crowd doesn't like it, good, maybe they'll stop gaming and we can finally get back to making good games instead of Halo clones, NFL game after game, Movie games and GTA after GTA.

Gballzack said:
With more mature titles Companies like Sony and MS have brought with them a backlash of the gamer demographic of 13-21 year old males who want top of the line graphics, blood & gore and immediate gratification in gameplay, people who are more comfortable playing a game that is popular than a game that is fun,

And you are the one to tell all of them which games are fun and which not so much... Please. Fact is at the moment most popular are kiddy Pokemon games without top graphics, blood etc. so quit all this nonsense about mass preferences etc. Sony and MS offers much more for mature customers right now. That's the fact.

You are barking all the time everyone is tired of this crap... I don't know... go and play or do something else.

kber81 said:
Gballzack said:
With more mature titles Companies like Sony and MS have brought with them a backlash of the gamer demographic of 13-21 year old males who want top of the line graphics, blood & gore and immediate gratification in gameplay, people who are more comfortable playing a game that is popular than a game that is fun,

And you are the one to tell all of them which games are fun and which not so much... Please. Fact is at the moment most popular are kiddy Pokemon games without top graphics, blood etc. so quit all this nonsense about mass preferences etc. Sony and MS offers much more for mature customers right now. That's the fact.

You are barking all the time everyone is tired of this crap... I don't know... go and play or do something else.

It looks like Nintendo will be getting all the mature customers now, because well, they'll be getting most of the gamers, lol. Sony is only going to be left with the foolhearty who ride the sinking ship till the very end and Microsoft, well I wouldn't consider the Microsoft Gamers mature so much as they are FPS addicts who demand immediate gratification.

I'll relish watching your sorrow grow as the Ps3 declines further over the course of this Generation.