By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Konami says Silent Hill is impossible on Wii

Gballzack said:

It looks like Nintendo will be getting all the mature customers now, because well, they'll be getting most of the gamers, lol.

... I give up.

Around the Network

And you are the one to tell all of them which games are fun and which not so much... Please. Fact is at the moment most popular are kiddy Pokemon games without top graphics, blood etc. so quit all this nonsense about mass preferences etc. Sony and MS offers much more for mature customers right now. That's the fact. You are barking all the time everyone is tired of this crap... I don't know... go and play or do something else.
I have yet to have anyone explain to me what a "mature" gamer is. From what I can tell, there are the "core" gamers and then everyone else. The only real people I think who should be concerned are the "core" gamers who are Wii owners. The 360 and PS3 have that market fairly well covered with new announcements of games everyday. Can't say the same with the Wii. That's where they're gonna hurt and in truth, Nintendo better do something about it or it will hurt them. -Darkness

I suppose, Nintendo doesn't need to brag about future games though like the competition does.

kber81 said:

And you are the one to tell all of them which games are fun and which not so much... Please. Fact is at the moment most popular are kiddy Pokemon games without top graphics, blood etc. so quit all this nonsense about mass preferences etc. Sony and MS offers much more for mature customers right now. That's the fact.

You are barking all the time everyone is tired of this crap... I don't know... go and play or do something else.

Well, that's not entirely true ... If you look at games which have sold more than 250,000 units in North America you get:

• Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
  • Madden NFL 07
  • Red Steel
  • Call of Duty 3
  • Sonic and the Secret Rings
  • Excite Truck
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids
  • Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Wii Sports

There is an interest in a wide assortment of games ...

kber81 said:
Gballzack said:
With more mature titles Companies like Sony and MS have brought with them a backlash of the gamer demographic of 13-21 year old males who want top of the line graphics, blood & gore and immediate gratification in gameplay, people who are more comfortable playing a game that is popular than a game that is fun,

And you are the one to tell all of them which games are fun and which not so much... Please. Fact is at the moment most popular are kiddy Pokemon games without top graphics, blood etc. so quit all this nonsense about mass preferences etc. Sony and MS offers much more for mature customers right now. That's the fact.

You are barking all the time everyone is tired of this crap... I don't know... go and play or do something else.

I completely agree that no one has the right to tell someone else that they shouldn't enjoy any particular game, but it's also true that you don't have the right to claim that you know what a mature customer wants.  It's not a fact that most mature customers own a PS3 or 360.  In fact, I would say age demographics are almost opposite that.  12 and under are Wii owners.  13-17 are PS3 and 360 owners (these are the majority of their customers).  18-25 are a mix of the 3, and 25 and older are usually mature gamers.  The mistake you are making is assuming that mature gamers play M rated games.  That's not the case.  Many more high school students will play a Grand Theft Auto before a 35 year old man with a wife and job will.  Most mature gamers play quality fun games, and don't care if a game has an M rating or not.

Around the Network

So kber is part of the ADD/ADHD crowd who equates blood and gore with good gaming and maturity, lol.

naznatips said:

The mistake you are making is assuming that mature gamers play M rated games. That's not the case. Many more high school students will play a Grand Theft Auto before a 35 year old man with a wife and job will. Most mature gamers play quality fun games, and don't care if a game has an M rating or not.

Wrong. I don't know why you assume violant game means a mature content for me. Mature content is a complexity, it's a broad storyline etc.. I don't care about label. I just hate the fact most of Wii stuff is freaking super-deformed and full of kiddy design.

kber81 said:
Gballzack said:

It looks like Nintendo will be getting all the mature customers now, because well, they'll be getting most of the gamers, lol.

... I give up.

Salvation at last! :D

j/k mate, never give up, i know it's impossible to convince us 'nintendo fans' but please keep trying, it's the only way to make the days a bit interesting these times, the nintendomination is getting quite boring now actually, how did you survive this and the end of last decade geez, respect .

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

kber81 said:
naznatips said:

The mistake you are making is assuming that mature gamers play M rated games. That's not the case. Many more high school students will play a Grand Theft Auto before a 35 year old man with a wife and job will. Most mature gamers play quality fun games, and don't care if a game has an M rating or not.

Wrong. I don't know why you assume violant game means a mature content for me. Mature content is a complexity, it's a broad storyline etc.. I don't care about label. I just hate the fact most of Wii stuff is freaking super-deformed and full of kiddy design.

So you want games like The Legend of Zelda and Red Steel then?

Neos said:

Salvation at last! :D

j/k mate, never give up, i know it's impossible to convince us 'nintendo fans' but please keep trying, it's the only way to make the days a bit interesting these times, the nintendomination is getting quite boring now actually, how did you survive this and the end of last decade geez, respect .

Since I do know how you look like it's really easy to ignoru you kid...