By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Konami says Silent Hill is impossible on Wii

Hey, if the Donkey Kong arcade was able to be played on the Atari 2600, anything is possible.

Around the Network
vanguardian1 said:
kber81, is it so hard to comprehend that there are a lot of core gamers that only own a wii so far this gen? (maybe even for the rest of the generation)

For me it's extremaly hard to believe that Wii isn't for kids in first place. Maybe RE4 will convince me that I'm wrong. We will see. What do you think? Will this game sell more than 100k during week one? System is hot userbase is pretty impressive as for next gen in Japan. I say it should but it won't.

kber81 said:
Gballzack said:
Lol, I never knew Konami was so deep in Sony's pockets. Yeah, after all, Resident Evil and Man hunt are obviously kiddy crap games, you tell em Konami, lol. Oh well, Silent Hill games were pretty mediocre anyway, 2 was the best but after that it just got silly. This isn't really a big loss on Nintendo's part and its no surprise, just find it funny Konami would be so shameless in their Sony fanfare. Its like PSM wrote the article for them.

Don't be silly. It has nothing to do with Sony's pocket. The truth is Wii gamers are pretty similar to DS gamers. Even if not this is a common belief and sale of RE4 will confirm or deny it. I think expectation are totally different. Check RE DS as an example of spectacular flop.

You really think that RE4, a game which exists on PS2, GC AND PC for much time, will prove if violent games can survive on Wii? 

Nah, i believe a ground-up title may prove it, like No More Heroes. 

gamingdevil said:

You really think that RE4, a game which exists on PS2, GC AND PC for much time, will prove if violent games can survive on Wii?

Nah, i believe a ground-up title may prove it, like No More Heroes.

Yes, I think it can define a direction for Wii's games. This game is really good (38/40 IIRC) and utilises Wii's control system so yes, I expect this game to give a hint to devs.

Cue the "Silent Hill games are crap anyway" posts!

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Around the Network
Gballzack said:
Lol, I never knew Konami was so deep in Sony's pockets. Yeah, after all, Resident Evil and Man hunt are obviously kiddy crap games, you tell em Konami, lol. Oh well, Silent Hill games were pretty mediocre anyway, 2 was the best but after that it just got silly. This isn't really a big loss on Nintendo's part and its no surprise, just find it funny Konami would be so shameless in their Sony fanfare. Its like PSM wrote the article for them.

It's happened already

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

kber81 said:
vanguardian1 said:
kber81, is it so hard to comprehend that there are a lot of core gamers that only own a wii so far this gen? (maybe even for the rest of the generation)

For me it's extremaly hard to believe that Wii isn't for kids in first place. Maybe RE4 will convince me that I'm wrong. We will see. What do you think? Will this game sell more than 100k during week one? System is hot userbase is pretty impressive as for next gen in Japan. I say it should but it won't.

The problem with that logic is, how many of us already played RE4 on Gamecube or PS2?  I don't think it's going to sell all that much, but not because it's too mature, just that a lot of people have already played it.

Phalanx said:

The problem with that logic is, how many of us already played RE4 on Gamecube or PS2? I don't think it's going to sell all that much, but not because it's too mature, just that a lot of people have already played it.

In Japan less than 700k (less than 220k for GC). So I think there is enough room for this title. 

davygee said:
Cue the "Silent Hill games are crap anyway" posts!

They aren't crap, just that 3 and 4 weren't that awesome, they didn't have very good plots and were kind of silly in premise, SH2 was phenomenal because there was inherently no plot other than the mystery of silent hill and how everything shaped itself to fit his mind, his guilt, his sin; it was abstract, it was metophorical, it was art and what a survival horror game should be. SH3 tried too hard to define the Silent Hill phenomena and contain it within a "box", so to speak, limiting from that point on what the series could be. SH4 wasn't even a Silent Hill game originally, it was another game that at the last second was turned into a Silent Hill Sequel renaming the villain Walter Sullivan to tie into an obscure reference in SH2.

The games aren't bad, its just their utter lack of consistency in style and settup leaves one with a disjointed feeling after playing them. I imagine they're very popular in Europe but I could honestly take em or leave em.

Well, its a step up. The GC was a kiddie console. The Wii is now being called a family console. W/e