By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Konami says Silent Hill is impossible on Wii

Konami has gone on record to basically state its Silent Hill series would be unsuitable for the Wii audience. Talking with Dengeki Playstation recently, Konami's Masashi Tsuboyama was asked about various different topics, but touched upon Nintendo in passing:

"While Nintendo Wii sales are very high, and I applaude Nintendo for their sucess, I dont think Silent Hill is a game that would be sold on Nintendo Wii as much as a game like Zelda would worldwide. This by no means says we will not consider the idea but the general opinion is that Wii is for family games and im sure the fans don't play Silent Hill with their grandma!"

In addition to this point, which could well be quickly negated if both Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition and Manhunt 2 prove successful in coming months, he also added this comment about the control system:

"Nintendo Wii would be easier to make for but the control scheme would be hard to implement in a Silent Hill game."

Around the Network

My feelings regards Wii are very similar. We will know on Friday when y-koron's first day info arrive. I expect 50k - 75k for RE.

Lol, I never knew Konami was so deep in Sony's pockets. Yeah, after all, Resident Evil and Man hunt are obviously kiddy crap games, you tell em Konami, lol. Oh well, Silent Hill games were pretty mediocre anyway, 2 was the best but after that it just got silly. This isn't really a big loss on Nintendo's part and its no surprise, just find it funny Konami would be so shameless in their Sony fanfare. Its like PSM wrote the article for them.

That title's a bit misleading. From the title, it sounds like the Wii litterally cannot pull off Silent Hill, which Konami basically contradicts by saying "This by no means says we will not consider the idea." It's not impossible on Wii, they just don't think it would succeed. I think time will tell. Wii doesn't have too many violent games right now, but if games like Disaster:DOC, Project H.A.M.M.E.R. and No More Heroes succeed, I think Konami will change their mind.

where does it say impossible in that quote? in fact he clearly states "This by no means says we will not consider the idea"

EDIT: damn you fishamaphone, too quick for me! 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network
kber81 said:
My feelings regards ps3 are very similar. We will know on Friday when y-koron's first day info arrive. I expect 0.2k - 0.8k for ps3.

damn that's quite low, i expect a bit more tho.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Gballzack said:
Lol, I never knew Konami was so deep in Sony's pockets. Yeah, after all, Resident Evil and Man hunt are obviously kiddy crap games, you tell em Konami, lol. Oh well, Silent Hill games were pretty mediocre anyway, 2 was the best but after that it just got silly. This isn't really a big loss on Nintendo's part and its no surprise, just find it funny Konami would be so shameless in their Sony fanfare. Its like PSM wrote the article for them.

Don't be silly. It has nothing to do with Sony's pocket. The truth is Wii gamers are pretty similar to DS gamers. Even if not this is a common belief and sale of RE4 will confirm or deny it. I think expectation are totally different. Check RE DS as an example of spectacular flop.

Any one with any common sense already knows that.

kber81, is it so hard to comprehend that there are a lot of core gamers that only own a wii so far this gen? (maybe even for the rest of the generation)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

I wouldn't go as far a Gballzack statements but I find it hilarious that they released a Silent Hill title for GBA but wrote off the possibility of a Wii title. http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/135/135214p1.html