By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is doing great- But they should really step up their act.

Care to name that trash? IMO Nintendo expanded the industry, didnt opt to head the same way as the rest. So expanding the industry, bringing new gamers means trash?

You hate Nintendo and you have been banned for that blind hate. You should stop it before its too late (perma ban).

BTW you didnt live in the 80's so you can comment on just history.
This gen is by far one of the best gaming has had. Casuals can now enjoy games, as well as hardcores, be it on HD consoles or on Wii.

Stop crying and complaining for no reason, leave if you gonna troll on every occasion you get.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
RolStoppable said:
kingofwale said:

All this praising of DS games must have been lost somewhere between all the Nintendo bashing you like to do. But okay, you own a DS, fine.

You mentioned NSMB in a comparison of top 5 PSP and DS games on Gamerankings. The Zelda game is called "Phantom Hourglass", in short PH, not HG. When you listed the top 5 DS games you had spelled only 2 out of 5 correctly, even though you had just visited Gamerankings and read all these names. Let's be honest, you don't care that much for DS games, otherwise you wouldn't misspell so many titles. I know I am nitpicking here, but I just can't stand it when popular games are misspelled, like Soul Calibur (often mistakenly written Soul Caliber).

Mario Kart (sequel/port)
Castlevania (old series)
Advance War (old series)
Zelda HG (old series)
Super Mario brother (old series)

But let's not get distracted here. You still have to respond to the shovelware issue.

Unlike you, my loyality of handheld games lies within games itself, which means you must excuse me again for any future bashing of shovelwares.

Your remark about being loyal to the games rather than the company is a beautiful sentiment, one which I fully agree with. I am also willing to take your word that you own and enjoy a DS, and I apologize for having doubted you. However, as RolStoppable points out at this end of his post, all of this is a distraction from the main point.

Do you, kingofwale, believe that the playstations, including the original and the Playstation 2, did not suffer from a deluge of shovelware? If you do, then what is it about the DS and the Wii that would justify restricting developers when a lack of restrictions has not been a problem on Sony's systems? I have many other questions for you, but I assure you we're all waiting on tenterhooks for you to answer this question first. I look forward to your response.

trestres said:
Care to name that trash? IMO Nintendo expanded the industry, didnt opt to head the same way as the rest. So expanding the industry, bringing new gamers means trash?

You hate Nintendo and you have been banned for that blind hate. You should stop it before its too late (perma ban).

This gen is by far one of the best gaming has had. Casuals can now enjoy games, as well as hardcores, be it on HD consoles or on Wii.

Stop crying and complaining for no reason, leave if you gonna troll on every occasion you get.

Mindless accusation: Check
Proof-less assumption: Check
putting words into sentence for the sake of discredit others: Check.

Frankly, by simply accuse me of hating ninendo without any proof at all, I wonder why you are still not banned yet.

Trash games? Games made that are more pain to play than enjoy, At this point, they are too many to name.

Feel free to check any review website, games that score 5 and below are most likely what you called "TRASH".

>Do you, kingofwale, believe that the playstations, including the original and the Playstation 2, did not suffer from a deluge of shovelware? If you do, then what is it about the DS and the Wii that would justify restricting developers when a lack of restrictions has not been a problem on Sony's systems? I have many other questions for you, but I assure you we're all waiting on tenterhooks for you to answer this question first. I look forward to your response.

I absolutely agree, there are TONS of crap on PS1 and PS2, which was the reason why I skipped both gen. HD consoles right now are way too expensive for a developer to produce on for a quick buck. that's reason number 1... Number 2 is that for people to commit 200-500 bucks on a console, those are normally people who enjoy gaming and more likely to check out reviews before they shop. So less chance they'd pick up trash... that's reason number 1.

I do think we can all agree that shovelware problem on PS1 and PS2 are not nearly as bad as those on DS at this point.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Your posting history is proof enough to see you hate nintendo.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:

Actually, I can field some of these questions for him. The trash includes anything published by Phoenix Games, the bulk of the PS2 ports, and almost all the games that have sold poorly. You will find many examples on this page.

http://vgchartz.com/games/index.php?page=5&name=&console=Wii&keyword=&publisher=&genre=&order=Sales&picture=

I agree that this generation has seen a high percentage of excellent games, and that it's a good time to be a gamer. I did live through the 80's, and can testify that many of those games did, indeed, blow, although obviously there was enough cream in the crop to keep us interested.

Finally, the personal attacks on kingofwale are unwarranted. You believe, as I do, that he is incorrect on this matter, which is why I invite him to persuade me otherwise. We shall see what will come of that. As for the rest of it, if the mods believe he deserves another ban, they will issue one. Let them do their jobs, so that the rest of us can enjoy these forums as much as possible.

And kingofwale, I believe I've addressed trestres' concerns enough that you no longer need to do so as well. Please answer our questions, so that we may move this discussion forward.

Edit: I see I was a bit too late. But my points stand. 

Around the Network

Is the Chicken Shooter argument going to come up?

We've had:
1. "Casuals!".
2. "3rd Parties lulz".
3. "I meant 3rd Parties casual crap!".
4. "Quality LOL".
5. "Casuals are stupid".

No moar "chicken shooter = craptastic exclusive"?

fkusumot said:

We've had:
1. "Casuals!".
2. "3rd Parties lulz".
4. "Quality LOL".
5. "Casuals are stupid".

Technically, Chicken Shoot was a horribly made PC game before, but the fact it was "ported" for the pure sake of cash-grabbing, makes that developer even more disgusting.

@noname, I edited my previous post to address your questions. 

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:

What do you mean Nintendo need next gen?? It's probably the oposite if you mean by graphics... Nintendo is next gen its PS3 and Xbox that have it all wrong, most people just dont care about "graphics" they want to have fun and enjoy games without game who only exist beacuse they have """Graphics"""

Graphics inst everything, no matter how hard M$ and sony are trying to show it that it means everything.

I rather play a game with great controland story  then play a game with top noch graphics 

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

kingofwale said:
fkusumot said:

We've had:
1. "Casuals!".
2. "3rd Parties lulz".
4. "Quality LOL".
5. "Casuals are stupid".

Technically, Chicken Shoot was a horribly made PC game before, but the fact it was "ported" for the pure sake of cash-grabbing, makes that developer even more disgusting.

Didn't know you had even heard about the game.

fkusumot said:
kingofwale said:
fkusumot said:

We've had:
1. "Casuals!".
2. "3rd Parties lulz".
4. "Quality LOL".
5. "Casuals are stupid".

Didn't know you had even heard about the game.

Can't call myself a shovelware basher if I don't know this game. Btw, it's Chicken Shoot, not Shooter. I had someone once comparing it to Duck Hunting, almost made me throw up.

selnor
Episode 2: