By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who will probably never play GTA IV?

To be clear, I really don't like this thread. Just because I personally hate the franchise, I hate to be a wet blanket to those folks who are really hyped about it.

It's like the people who hate on Mario Galaxy just because it's a Mario game.

I don't like it. I doubt this game will change my mind about the series, and I'm not willing to try it out if it costs me more than 10 bucks, but since it'll sell a billion copies, it'll eventually be 10 bucks, on Ebay(like San Andreas is now) and I'll buy it, play it a few hours, hate it, wish I had my 10 bucks back, and move on, so I guess I'm guilty of adding to this hate thread.

I'm sorry for that. I hope the people who love these games, love this game, and get their full moneys worth of enjoyment out of it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I thought perhaps I could try one this gen, as it looks like a little less boring than when I saw people stupidly play this game (to never finish it).
But I don't know if I will ever have the time to play this game, with all the games I still have to finish, and the ones to come, so I'll probably never play GTAIV.

I don't think I'll ever get GTA4. I cared about the franchise when I was around 14 and running around killing random people was cool, but they've become less and less interesting with every passing year.

I recognise that they are good games in absolute terms, but like jRPGs and racing, completely outside my interests.

While the Wii is my only current gen console, I'm going to get both the HD consoles eventually, and owning a PS2 isn't making me want to touch the previous parts of the series, so I think I can be pretty neutral about this.

Same as Okey waiting for the PC version .....

Well im getting on day 1 (PS3), then i'll get the pc version when it comes out only for the mods. Like i did with san andreas.

I just feel sad for those who will never play it, saying its not my type of a game. Im sure if this was coming for the Wii the picture would be totally different, even with crap graphics.

I like technology when its moving forward..

PSN: methys

Around the Network

I might play it if I get the chance, but I doubt I will unless I personally get a PS3 (or 360, but at least with PS3 I might have other games that interest me, even if I don't like the controller)

to be honest, if I buy a PS2 before hand, which is probable because I wouldn't buy a PS3 for more than £150 (and it would have to have Backward Compatibility) then I won't be buing a PS3 and therefore won't play the game. GTA3 and Vice City are substitute enough I think.

Nope wont buy it, not my kind of game, by that i mean i find them extremly boring

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Audiomatic said:
Well im getting on day 1 (PS3), then i'll get the pc version when it comes out only for the mods. Like i did with san andreas.

I just feel sad for those who will never play it, saying its not my type of a game. Im sure if this was coming for the Wii the picture would be totally different, even with crap graphics.

Lol man, Ive played all GTA's before the Wii was out, and to me all games sucked except for GTA 1, so nothing's gonna change my mind about it. If I try it, it will be on PC, but I know i'll regret it.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I played a few hours of Vice City and for about 15 minutes I thought it was very cool. Towards the end I felt it was one of the most pointless games in existence. I also played the copy cat Saints Row and felt the same way. These sort of games do nothing for me, but whatever floats your boat.

trestres said:
Audiomatic said:

Lol man, Ive played all GTA's before the Wii was out, and to me all games sucked except for GTA 1, so nothing's gonna change my mind about it. If I try it, it will be on PC, but I know i'll regret it.

So if this was for the Wii, would u buy it?

I like technology when its moving forward..

PSN: methys