By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who will probably never play GTA IV?

I've played previous GTA's and similar games like the Godfather on PS2. I always get bored of them within half an hour because they're bad driving games, they're bad fighting games and they're bad exploration games (always the same environment). I can see how the genre appeals to many people, but I can also see how it just has no appeal at all to many other people like myself. To each his own I guess.

One game I'm looking forward to is Rage by Id software. That game will hopefully combine first-class fighting and first-class racing.

Around the Network

Well, after seeing gameplay videos of GTAIV, with the player getting run over by cars, sent crashing on a bridge, fall back, and get on his feet without any problem, after seeing minutes of running over people, driving like a moron, hijacking cars, ..., the little interest I had for this game just completely died.
This looks exactly like the previous ones to me.
Now I'm pretty sure I'll never play this game.

Just wait for be PC version you guys!! lol, if you can wait that long?

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

I am not getting it... I have never been a huge GTA fan anyways.

But, I was going to buy it to try out the online and to play with all my friends.
Then My best friend decided he was buying it for PS3 while 3 of my other friends are getting it for 360. So if i can't play with all my friends, its not worth it.

I think I'll buy it, the high first reviews have hyped me to the point that I want to play this game.
But I don't know if it's suitable for me. I mean, I love the freedom, but can you truly go everywhere, or is it just restricted to some buildings and not all houses? When a game is realistic, it must be really realistic, I want to be able to go everywhere and do my things the way I want. Is that freedom available.
And if I complete it, who knows? I just might do a Angry Nerd style-video review about it :P

Around the Network

I'm probably never going to play this game. I just haven't seen anything about it that appeals to me at all.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Rock_on_2008 said:
*~Onna76~* said:
roadkillers said:
Seriously if you have a 360 or PS3 you are dumb not to atleast play the game. It got great reviews (Hell 10/10 on IGN and IGN UK). See I hate when games are really well recieved and people dont even try it. You dont have to buy it just rent it to see how you like it.

Hey, because someone owns a PS3 that doesn't mean that he / she have to like GTA? So its more dumb to call people dumb for simply not liking this kind of genre of game, that's what's called "having respect for other people's taste". I find these games horrifying, useless, too agressive and simply NO fun. I am more in the Oblivion, Folklore, Ratchet & Clank, White Knight Chronicle type of games... got it?

hmmm Onna more into the mind numbingly boring platform/RPG games. Do not knock the shooters/action games unless you try them. roadkillers = +1. GTA games are cult/classic games in US in particular. Playstation is defined by GTA games.

Interest in GTA has nothing to do with interest in shooters or action games. The main draw of the first is the open and expansive world; the main draw of the second is the frenetic, fast-paced, visceral gameplay. For people who have no interest in open-world games, there's no point in playing the GTA games, because they'll just reinforce all of the negative points about open-world games (backtracking, long travel times, lack of scripted encounters or puzzles, and so on.)

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

I probably won't.

I don't own a PS360, nor will I ever. (Unless Wii's famed negative sales streak starts soon).

The only way I see it happening is if when the PC version arrives I have no current Wii game to buy. Other than that...not going to happen.